Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I have found that I didn't like about my 2006 Classic LT was the tilt and height of the windsheild. Even though I am 5'11" I had to stretch to see over the top of it. Thought about cutting it down, but the tilt angle of the windsheild would still not match the angle of the forks which would look "right". I've seen some other mods, here on the forum but didn't think they looked "finished" enough for such a fine looking bike. Thought it looked a little strange with the top of the windsheild angled over the fork angle, and it was bound to be pushing a really ugly hole through the wind. What I did was move the upper bracket mounts from in front of the top mount on the handle bar mount, to behind the top mount. Required a little bit of grinding and drilling to get everything lined up, but only $5.00 worth of hardware, and a couple of hours. Now I can see over the top easily and it's got to be more aerodynamic.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have any better pictures? I think the windshield stands up too straight also but I have not really looked at the mount to see if it could be changed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Classic LT windshield mod pics 2

Here's some more higher res. pics. If you will look at the picture of the bracket, what I did is move bracket "B" to the inside of bracket "A" instead of on the outside of it (between windshield and bracket) as was the original installation. I used a 3/8" nut "C" as a spacer, to get the right angle on it. I couldn't find any stainless metric button head bolts at the local home depot, so I got 2 of a 5/16X1 stainless button head USS bolt and drilled out the original threaded hole on bracket "A" and put a 5/16 stainless USS nut on the back to hold it all together. The second picture shows how now the windsheild is leaned back more at the top so its at the same angle as the forks. Of course you have to do this to both the left and right windshield brackets.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts