Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are lowers the only option for the buffeting? I'm 6ft tall and have ridden with the windshield set in the lowest position. The buffeting above 50mph kills me. It rattles my head! Without the windshield I can ride just fine at 70mph.

What have you done to minimize the buffeting?

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I asked the same question a couple years ago. Lowers were the only thing that worked for me! Worked great in fact. I, too, tilted it back; also looks better like that. But I didn't find that to help as much as the lowers. My $0.02.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I'll try tilting it back and try that first then research lowers.

Regarding tilting it back, instead of cutting the stock brackets, maybe I could make two little brackets that, when the windshield is tilted, would bolt between the lower fork mounting bolt and the lower windshield bracket. The brackets would probably only be 1.25 to 1.5 inches long. Something like this pic below: (imagine looking at the left side of the bike with the front of the bike pointing to the left)

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Stop all the hassle and beating around the bush. Order a set of lowers and eliminate the problem. I had exactly the same problem until I put my new lowers on and the buffeting decreased by about 80%(SWAG) Hardly notice any buffeting at all any more. Love it. Just Do It.

BTW, I tilted my windshield back also with only minimal change in buffeting, lowers fixed the problem for me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'll try tilting it back and try that first then research lowers.

Regarding tilting it back, instead of cutting the stock brackets, maybe I could make two little brackets that, when the windshield is tilted, would bolt between the lower fork mounting bolt and the lower windshield bracket. The brackets would probably only be 1.25 to 1.5 inches long. Something like this pic below: (imagine looking at the left side of the bike with the front of the bike pointing to the left)

I found some chrome brackets about that size at the local bike boneyard. Works great. Just needed a couple of stainless bolts to finish. I didn't like the idea of drilling/modifying the brackets.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Being a harley part you can be assured that it is NOT made in usa. (it's tiawan)

JJ

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I second or third the Harley lowers.

They work better, look better, and cost less than the Kawasaki OEM ones. I've tried both and the Harley ones are the ticket.

H-D part # 58125-90B.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts