Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, I pulled my bike out of the garage this weekend after a long Wisconsin winter, and I noticed that, on the frame, above the belt, there are two brackets that looked like something should be bolted to it. I never noticed it before, so not sure why I did now. Anyhow, I went online to see what I was missing. Yup, you guessed it, the belt guard.

I looked on eBay and was able to purchased a used OEM belt guard for just below $15. There are, however, no bolts with it, nor are there any bolts on the bike for this. So, my question is, what type and size of bolts do I need to bolt it back to the bike?

P.S., I think the shop that replaced my rear tire last year may have not replaced the belt guard, but at the same time, I don't recall ever having it on the bike. So, I may have purchased it that way.

Dan

·
Registered
67 Posts
on my vaquero there is no need to remove the belt guard to take the rear wheel off so if yours was missing it was probably not there when you purchased the bike, either way thats a good price on a OEM part. as for the bolt size, if you have a set of drill bits, try putting a few in the holes until you find one that just fits and look at the size of that one. now you know what size bolt you need. if it were me I would get stainless bolts with nylock nuts. no need for loctite and they wont rust.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
on my vaquero there is no need to remove the belt guard to take the rear wheel off so if yours was missing it was probably not there when you purchased the bike, either way thats a good price on a OEM part. as for the bolt size, if you have a set of drill bits, try putting a few in the holes until you find one that just fits and look at the size of that one. now you know what size bolt you need. if it were me I would get stainless bolts with nylock nuts. no need for loctite and they wont rust.
The Vaq only has a lower guard but the classic also has an upper guard. The upper guard needs to come off so you can handle the belt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Go to any online store that sells OEM parts and look them up , then buy the same size in stainless steel

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love the information and experience you all share. Thank you.
I'm going in the garage and look at my belt guards. I think I'll take pictures now so I can tell if something is missing later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts