Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know if the 900 Classic and the 900 Custom share the same tail light and rear turn signals.

I know the part numbers are slightly different, I have those right here:
Custom - tail light 23025-0032 $97.15
Classic - tail light 23025-0025 $97.15

Custom left rear turn signal - 23037-0095 $53.87
Classic left rear turn signal - 23037-0087 $53.87

Are they actually the same parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
pretty sure the tail light is the same the turn signals however dont look the same.

·
Registered
357 Posts
the tails are the same and the turn signal housings/lenses are the same. The mounting boots are different. Custom has the drop-down bracket and the classic has that chrome covered piece that each extends out of

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
cant say for sure about the tail light but I know the signals will work ... the only difference is that the ones from a classic has a longer stem than the ones from a custom....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
big worm - that's what I was thinking - the Classic rear turn signal stems look longer. That's not going to work for me since I only need the rear left side. :(

Unfortunately most parts for sale on this forum or ebay are Classic parts and I wiped out my Custom a few weeks ago.

....now if I could just rewind time.... lol

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Why not get after market signals the ones I bought bolt right into where the stock ones where and you can get the brake/tail light for under 20 new on ebay

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I put aftermarket ones on the rear I'll want aftermarket ones for the front, expense goes up.

Can you link me to a brake light under $20 on ebay? I found the smoked LED ones for $35 shipped and was thinking of going that route but don't want to goof w/ resistors and stuff if I don't have to.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
both those lights are styled after the vn900 light.... but it is not the same... it is meant for custom applications...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
big worm's got it.

I want OEM or something that looks sharper than OEM but not cheesy chinese junk.

I'll probably just buy the smoked LED one and put my internals in it and toss the LED portion out.

As for turn signals, I gave the aftermarket stuff on ebay a good look and I found a set of 4 that would be cheaper to buy than to buy the one OEM unit I need, so that's a no brainer.

Only need 2 more parts, headlight bucket and L/S tail chrome trim!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts