Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the custom stock bar... which I think is a drag bar... and wonder if anyone has tried it or another brand on their Classic. Mine is an LT. Interested in other's experiences in this matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
These are Harley after market bars I like allot. PO put them on with some home made bolts that where 1/2in on one side & 10mm on the other. I redid it with all 1/2 inch had to drill out steering block. I did that when I added socket risers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have a set of custom bars that I will sell you if you are interested.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xcbullet,
They have some serious risers... looks like the risers are built in. Do the bars have a V shape? I see Baron's sells something like these, but not so high... the important thing is how comfortable they are for a person. How do yours work for you? Do you know the rise and pull back measurements are?
Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if they bolt up and if my cables, etc. fit?

·
Registered
343 Posts
These bars are way better than stock. 9 in tall, curve back 3 in & the angle is about 6in back @ ends, which is at least half of stock allot straighter than stock. I got on a friends stock LT 900 & hated the stock set up.These are close to the custom bars but fatter. If you can get some custom bars I,m sure you would be happy with them & they will mount right up, you can add risers if you like.

My risers are sockets that are just over the size of the bars, gives 1 5/8 rise which is perfect for me. I would like them higher but wouldn't want them back anymore as I am six foot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish ? Get your hands higher, back towards you, a little of both. Be specific.

I wanted towards me and down. Got Phat I Risers (used) , which brought bars back, then I lowered grips down. "Beach Bars" for $30. No new cables. Spent more on the cup holder....

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I didn't like the "beach bars" width and angle, mostly angle,on my 900 Classic and swapped out for Vn900 Custom drag bars, better angles and my wrists are at more of a natural position, love 'em.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KsVn900,
Thanks for the insight. I think you are correct the Classic bars are of the "beach" variety. There is a thread on this forum that a member says he was also uncomfortable as well. The stock bars are about 75 degrees and he is comfortable at 135 degrees... same for me. I doubted it until I took some measurements. I contact the man I bought the bike from and he had the same issue. The shop he bought it from adjusted the bars as low as possible, which seems to lessen the problem for him, but not enough for me. I have sat on a Custom and like the bars, but wonder with the Mustang seat if my reach to the bars would be similar. A member named Hayes is offering to sell me a set up Custom bars and I just might try to buy them from him. Again, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hayes,
I just might like to get them from you. I took some measurements and think the bar width and height are good. The angle of the grips is what I think I need. I am concerned that the 6" pull back isn't enough. I wonder if the bars actually pull back 10"... 4" in the riser and 6" in the bar. Can you tell me? Then, are they stock Custom bars and are they in near perfect condition? If all is affirmative... how much do you are you willing to take for them? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Puckoach,
My main issue with the beach bars is that the grips are at about a 75 degree angle, which causes an unnaturally wrist position. My stock LT bars were turned down towards to tank as low as they would go when I measured. But, based on those bars I would like a bar to be about 28" to 31" wide bar, with about 7" to 8" rise and from 9" to 10" pull back... if I could have it all. The most important thing is the angle is somewhere around 135 degrees. Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Comfort is king of course. As it equals seat time.

There is a brand of bars out that are adjustable in a multiple of ways. Saw them displayed at the Laconia Rally.

http://www.helibars.com/

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Clumpster: there are no risers with the custom bars... The mount directly to the trees.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hayes,
I didn't ask the question properly. The risers, in effect, are there but welded on. The welded riser is shown to have 7" rise and 4" pullback. The bar is then shown to have 6" pullback. So, if you measured from the triple tree (where bolts on) to the tip of the bar (closest to one sitting on the bike) what is it? Thanks.
In the meantime, I will find a Custom and reevaluate the fit, but I think it is will be very good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Puckoach,
Too pricey for me... and there isn't a VN900 fitment, although I imagine it would. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Hayes,
I didn't ask the question properly. The risers, in effect, are there but welded on. The welded riser is shown to have 7" rise and 4" pullback. The bar is then shown to have 6" pullback. So, if you measured from the triple tree (where bolts on) to the tip of the bar (closest to one sitting on the bike) what is it? Thanks.
In the meantime, I will find a Custom and reevaluate the fit, but I think it is will be very good.

I'll measure as soon as the rain quits here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am interested

I have a set of custom bars that I will sell you if you are interested.
Hayes,
I just might like to get them from you. I took some measurements and think the bar width and height are good. The angle of the grips is what I think I need. I am concerned that the 6" pull back isn't enough. I wonder if the bars actually pull back 10"... 4" in the riser (although welded on they act as risers) and 6" in the bar. Can you tell me? Then, are they stock Custom bars and are they in near perfect condition? If all is affirmative... how much do you are you willing to take for them? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Let me measure and get back to you and figure out how much shipping is going to cost. Once I get that, I will PM you the details.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts