Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Joe provides detailed instructions with his kits according to other members. I spoke to Joe last week, he answered all my questions, was very helpful and said I can call anytime with questions. Tel. No. is 517-474-2663

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Joe called me back and was extremely helpful. Thanks for the feedback. The only problem I have with power is when I ride two up, so I told my girlfriend to stay home. She didn't like that idea, so I am getting a big air kit for my Birthday present at the end of the month! Just kidding about my girlfriend staying home, I love my sweetie! I have a question, I want to keep the stock pipes, so I plan to drill out the baffles to increase air flow. Do I need a special drill bit or an extension to reach through the pipes? How large of a drill bit do I use? How many baffles in each pipe? Do I need to take off the pipes to do this project?
My ride is a 2013 Nomad. I did not take the pipes off. On the Nomad, the first plate is 9.5 inches into the pipe and is about 1/16th inch thick. You need a 1 1/4 inch bi-metal hole saw. The second plate, if you want to take it out (I did not), is 16.5 inches from the end of the pipe. The whole process took me about 5 minutes. One plate came out with the hole saw. I had to use a long magnet to pull the other one out. The result is a nice deep rumble, but not a lot louder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Chucksters Big Air Kit arrived today. I am going to read through the instructions tonight and may do the install as well. Fast shipping, I ordered the kit on Monday. Thanks Joe! I am still on the fence about the debaffle exhaust mod, stage 1,2 or 3? There is so much information on the web my head is spinning. So I will keep you posted on both mods. I am sure there will be more questions.

I have a question Vulcan Hammer, after I drill out the first plate, do I remove the first baffle as well or keep it in there??

Thank you all, I appreciate the feedback!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
My Chucksters Big Air Kit arrived today. I am going to read through the instructions tonight and may do the install as well. Fast shipping, I ordered the kit on Monday. Thanks Joe! I am still on the fence about the debaffle exhaust mod, stage 1,2 or 3? There is so much information on the web my head is spinning. So I will keep you posted on both mods. I am sure there will be more questions.

I have a question Vulcan Hammer, after I drill out the first plate, do I remove the first baffle as well or keep it in there??

Thank you all, I appreciate the feedback!
I am not Vulcan Hammer, but... There is no "baffle" to remove, only the little thin plate, which is about 1/16th inch thick.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am not Vulcan Hammer, but... There is no "baffle" to remove, only the little thin plate, which is about 1/16th inch thick.
Exactly.

You are not removing the baffle as the baffle pretty much fills the whole volume of each muffler and is next to impossible to remove easily.

However, the central core of the rear section of each baffle is wide open except for the 2 redirection plates that you are drilling out. For each plate you remove, less of the exhaust is forced into the outer section of each baffle. Once you remove both plates, the exhaust is then mostly flowing straight down the large central core, and the outer part of the baffle just attenuates the sound.

Note to Erict1234: Sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this question.

Note to ALL and Moderators: I have not been getting notifications to subscribed threads...especially since the new forum format. Has anyone else noticed this issue.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Note to ALL and Moderators: I have not been getting notifications to subscribed threads...especially since the new forum format. Has anyone else noticed this issue.
I noticed one change that was spelled out in an email.

EMAIL said:
There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
Perhaps that's what you are noticing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
On 2008 nomad 1600: I heard installing chuckster air kit will stop the after market exhaust from popping during deceleration? They said i won't need to do the marble technique (block Reed valve?) I'm ready to order air kit and want that deceleration popping to stop... anyone have input?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts