Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chromed plastic cover between the rear signal lights on my '09 classic lt was cracked when I bought the bike. I ordered all the immediate farkles that I couldn't live without, so I figured I'd address this issue. It's not bad, but it bothers me. I figured at about 1k on the odometer he probably backed it in his garage and dinged it. I found the part and it will cost $40 to replace it.

I spent the last couple hours looking to see if there might be a chromed medal replacement part somewhere. I can see how easily it gets nicked since it's the outmost point on the rear fender.

I figured someone must have had a similar situation and was hoping there's be an alternative. I even considered getting creative like filling in the nick and perhaps running some reflective tape along the bottom of the cover but can't decide how that might look.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's really nice to have a bike like that. I prefer to have a few nicks, dings and scratches. I am an old fart and think it ads character..........

·
Registered
847 Posts
Like I got that scratch on the Outter Banks Trip, that one came from Niagra falls, this one from Helen Ga. another from Grand Father Mtn. and one from Chesepeake Bay.....Had a flat in NY. etc.....a rock hit me on the BRP.....I was very particular and still am, but once I realized I couldn't keep it pristene I sort of let my guard down....It's an 07..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, but it wasn't my scratch. I hear both of you because I have them on my other rides. This bike, to me is "new" with the only difference being somebody spent $3-4k for the honor of breaking it in, adding some decent farkles and sitting it in his garage until I was available to buy it. 1,025 miles isn't even a month of normal riding for me.

Now the solution. I stopped at a Pep boys and found a small American flag peel off. It covered the ding perfectly and looks fine. Once that wears out, there was a second one in the pack. After that, I'll see if it bothers me anymore. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts