Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow VN900 riders, need some assistance. The chrome side piece on the left side of my bike fell off at some point while I was riding. Didn't notice it until I got home. Does anyone know how much this piece cost or is there a custome piece I can order to replace the original?

·
Registered
976 Posts
bout 70 bucks with shipping. I was coming back from a day ride last year, hauling home from Salina, KS and had just climbed out of the ditch that Junction City is in when I heard something and in my rear view mirror I saw a box flipping along behind me. Now, it was really windy, I was doing 80-85 with the rest of traffic and I had just been looking behind for traffic so I figured a little shipping box had blown off the side of the highway and under the bike. Two days later I went to wash the bike and noticed that the coil cover was GONE and I realized that was what I saw.

Here's the page on Cheap Cycle Parts you'll need the 14091 cover AND the 92172 screw. When you get the cover on put locktite on that screw before you screw it in. That'll keep it from coming out like it did this time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr. Clean. I will be ordering it over the weekend.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Has anybody seen any sort of aftermarket cover for that box? Something different

1 - 4 of 4 Posts