Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have an idea where I can buy a chrome oil filler cap for a 2010 Vulcan 900 Classic?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Cobra makes them. I sure you can find them at any of your normal cycle parts places, or have them order them. There is always Sleez-Bay. Have you checked to see if that is a part that could be interchangeable with any other Kaws. My V2K has one but the dipstick is attached to it.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Meancycles.com or cruisercustomising.com

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can make you one if you cover the postage costs. But ill machine it out of aluminium and then mirror finnish it. If you want it chromed you'll have to shop it out your side.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I know someone is thinking the same thing I am but i'm gonna ask, why chrome something that you can't see?

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
I know someone is thinking the same thing I am but i'm gonna ask, why chrome something that you can't see?

I know someone is thinking the same thing I am but i'm gonna ask, how can you not see the filler cap?? its right there on the left side :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I can make you one if you cover the postage costs. But ill machine it out of aluminium and then mirror finnish it. If you want it chromed you'll have to shop it out your side.
Wow, what an offer! It would be cool to have something hand-made from South Africa. Wonder what postage would cost?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Paco ill do the same for you.
I'm working short time at work so I have some time to mess around in my shop at home.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ok ill do so but first is there anything in particular you would like? Like let's say a 3d multese cross? Keeping in mind I don't own cnc machines

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Ok ill do so but first is there anything in particular you would like? Like let's say a 3d multese cross? Keeping in mind I don't own cnc machines
The Christian fish symbol would be my preference. Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Like I siad brother I cut out of solid aluminium on small manual machines the fish symbal has to many converse radii for that type of machine. That's why I offered the multese cross it being one of the oldest Christian symbals. As in the crusades and so on

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Like I siad brother I cut out of solid aluminium on small manual machines the fish symbal has to many converse radii for that type of machine. That's why I offered the multese cross it being one of the oldest Christian symbals. As in the crusades and so on
That's fine. Whatever is easy to make. I'm sure it will look good on the bike!
Thanks!:)

·
Registered
851 Posts
I know someone is thinking the same thing I am but i'm gonna ask, how can you not see the filler cap?? its right there on the left side :confused:
LOL! I guess I should have had my glasses on when I read the post.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts