Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I installed my Chrome Glow taillight back in November. Yesterday, the license plate bracket snapped during a 10/15 minute ride with some pretty intense winds blowing me around. Luckily, after emailing the vendor, they are sending me a new bracket. They said that, since the time that I had purchased mine, they have made an improvement to the brackets durability. I鈥檒l share photos and thoughts once I get the new bracket in.

Just to add; they were very quick to respond and to send the new bracket. In a matter of minutes from me confirming my address.

Registered
So I installed my Chrome Glow taillight back in November. Yesterday, the license plate bracket snapped during a 10/15 minute ride with some pretty intense winds blowing me around. Luckily, after emailing the vendor, they are sending me a new bracket. They said that, since the time that I had purchased mine, they have made an improvement to the brackets durability. I鈥檒l share photos and thoughts once I get the new bracket in.

Just to add; they were very quick to respond and to send the new bracket. In a matter of minutes from me confirming my address.
let us know if you see any difference in the brackets. I just ordered one and installed it yesterday on my wifes bike

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
So here is the new bracket for the license plate. It is obviously taller, however it didn't seem to be any thicker. I didn't measure it, so I can't say that it definitely isn't. It does feel a little sturdier. I think I may make a metal beam (probably something from lowes/home depot) that goes across the back for extra support. Only because I'm paranoid about losing my plate now that I have experienced the original bracket breaking. Again, I still like the tail light a lot and I am appreciative that they sent the new bracket for free. Does sting a little knowing how much this kit costs, though.

Attachments

Registered
seems like for the price the bracket should be metal.... They charge an ungodly amount for these kits.

I almost pulled the trigger on the R&G kit, but I've decided to make my own. I have the lights, now I just gotta find a good plate bracket and I'm good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts