Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used this eliminator kit yet. I bought some cheaper parts to DIY this myself, but really like the look of this kit minus the plate (which is an option they give). Just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s pricy compared to what I already bought, but will look much better. What are your thoughts so far? Guessing it was a fairly easy install.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Rise, can you post a video showing how the turn signals work and and you also show the difference of the intensity between just the tail light and the brake light? That looks really cool! Definitely a lot cleaner than the R&G kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anybody get any (any more) road spray from bsck tire after doing fender eliminator?? I would like to do what someone else did an just use stock taillight after removing plastic piece but the riders I know keep telling me not to because I'll get alot of road spray if I'm riding in rain or wet roads. Just curious. Cause I really like the look with the plastic removed from fender.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It’s pricy compared to what I already bought, but will look much better. What are your thoughts so far? Guessing it was a fairly easy install.
So far I love the way it looks it's very clean. The install was very easy as everything is 1 piece so you remove the fender and attach the bracket in its place, you just gotta adjust the angle so put the top back on adjust then remove to tighten the bolts. As for the wiring theres no need to cut anything it comes with posi tap connectors, kind of hard to explain but the instructions are very clear and easy to do, you will need a flasher relay if you want the blinkers at a normal speed.

Rise, can you post a video showing how the turn signals work and and you also show the difference of the intensity between just the tail light and the brake light? That looks really cool! Definitely a lot cleaner than the R&G kit.
I'll see if I can post a video here for the turn signals, for the intensity that was just the running light without the brakes but it was inside my garage so it was a bit dark inside, i'll see if i can show a comparison with the original light.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anybody get any (any more) road spray from bsck tire after doing fender eliminator?? I would like to do what someone else did an just use stock taillight after removing plastic piece but the riders I know keep telling me not to because I'll get alot of road spray if I'm riding in rain or wet roads. Just curious. Cause I really like the look with the plastic removed from fender.
I'm not sure on this one since I just did it a couple days ago and it has been sunny here, but I had experience like that on the ninja i used to have. It's a different bike but my experience was without the plastic it did get more dirty on the under tail but I just wiped it off so to me cleaning it a little more frequent than usual was worth the aesthetics. The fender on this bike is pretty small so i don't think it should get that dirty but i'll see with time, maybe someone else that has had a fender eliminator for a while can give you more input.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I pulled the trigger and order this last night. Figured I can return or just eat the cost of the other parts I bought only about $40. Can’t wait to get this an install

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! I can tell the difference. I was also curious how the turn signals work and if the red light turns amber or stays red and how long the Turn signal portion is on that strip. Thanks again and yes, it does look pretty Great! I may go that route myself.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Also there is a Coupon code for Chrome Glow which is good for the rest of July. JULY5OFF gives you 5% off your order. Plus the unit is on Sale for $171.99 minus 5% = $163.39 and if you don't need the License Plate Tag you can take another $9.99 off and there is free shipping. They seem to have Smoked or Clear Lens. I would thing the Clear would be more visible than the Smoked.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like it! Sadly, I’m pretty sure it would fail safety inspection here in VA.

Edit: I just looked up the requirements here:

Signal lamps installed on the rear of the motorcycle shall be red or amber and shall be located on each side of the vertical centerline of the motorcycle as far apart as practicable but not closer than nine inches, measured from the optical centerline of the lens, and shall be located on the same level and not less than 20 inches above the ground level.

It’s that nine inches bit that’ll get me flagged. I’m not sure how my R&G passes then since I’m sure sure they’re not 9 inches from the centerline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I like it! Sadly, I’m pretty sure it would fail safety inspection here in VA.

Edit: I just looked up the requirements here:

Signal lamps installed on the rear of the motorcycle shall be red or amber and shall be located on each side of the vertical centerline of the motorcycle as far apart as practicable but not closer than nine inches, measured from the optical centerline of the lens, and shall be located on the same level and not less than 20 inches above the ground level.

It’s that nine inches bit that’ll get me flagged. I’m not sure how my R&G passes then since I’m sure sure they’re not 9 inches from the centerline.

The Centerline of the Fender? The R&G shouldn't be an issue since it uses the OEM Turn Signals which are most definitely more than nine inches from the Center of the Fender. This one here obviously isn't. We don't have inspections here so it wouldn't be an issue. I don't even think we have that 9 inch rule. In Indiana they look out for a Reflector a License Plate light and the Turn Signals. Not sure why anyone needs turn signals. 95% never even heard of such a thing, or their Blinker Fluid is low. :wink2: It's one of my biggest Pet Peeves, People not using their turn signals. Or when they use them it's an after thought and they turn them on while they are already turning.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Turn Signals? Wait... does that lever connect to lights on the outside of my car? I thought it just made the little blinking arrow come on my dash to help me remember to turn while I'm texting everyone I know. :devil2:

Edit : Just incase anyone isn't sure.... Please don't text and drive kids, put the phone down.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I did the R&G . When I got caught in the rain I was soaked so bad I have no idea. But my back was not any wetter than my front.?

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Centerline of the Fender? The R&G shouldn't be an issue since it uses the OEM Turn Signals which are most definitely more than nine inches from the Center of the Fender. This one here obviously isn't. We don't have inspections here so it wouldn't be an issue. I don't even think we have that 9 inch rule. In Indiana they look out for a Reflector a License Plate light and the Turn Signals. Not sure why anyone needs turn signals. 95% never even heard of such a thing, or their Blinker Fluid is low. :wink2: It's one of my biggest Pet Peeves, People not using their turn signals. Or when they use them it's an after thought and they turn them on while they are already turning.
Optical centerline of the lens, not fender.

R&G uses the OEM turn signals but they’re not in the same placement. On the R&G turn signals are much closer than the OEM. With R&G the turn signals aren’t even 9 inches apart so they definitely aren’t 9 inches from the centerline.

I happen to know this all too well given the inspector’s inclination to use a ruler for measurement and give an indication that they’re about an inch from being road legal but still passing the bike as to say “good enough”.

Once again, I’m only speaking about my state (VA). I’m not familiar with any other state’s inspections or lack there of.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey rise, sorry should of clarified a bit more, I mean more so are You going to catch more road spray after shortening your fender? Not so much the bike or fender catching road spray.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hey rise, sorry should of clarified a bit more, I mean more so are You going to catch more road spray after shortening your fender? Not so much the bike or fender catching road spray.
I think whoever is behind you (car or bike) will get most of the additional Road Spray :grin2:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts