Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be a long shot, but I just bought an 06 900 and I would like to get rid of the chrome. Anyone close to or in Colorado that would like to trade your black parts for my chrome parts? I was told allot of the newer 900s have more black than chrome parts.
Very mechanically inclined (Body tech of 20 yrs) and have a decent home shop with tools to swap everything over.

Let me know if you need some chrome!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the gauge nacelle, and both airbox covers I'd trade, also the water overflow bottle cover. if you want to do even swap, just we each pay shipping. I'm in Georgia

·
Registered
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rod for making the trade!

A Moderator can delete now if needed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Post your pics after the swap, I will if you will

·
Registered
140 Posts
Before being wrecked (by another) this started life as somewhere around a 2007 900 Custom. It was all black, including trim and pipes with copper painted rocker covers and copper and silver pinstriping on tank and fenders. I've seen one of two others here and on the road.
I bought the remains, trashed wheels, tank, pipes, fender strakes, headlamp, handlebars and pretty much everything on the right side. Been piecing it back together the past two and half years, mostly from ebay or forum classified items. Had everything repainted and the seat recovered this past summer. Went with a Classic lower tree so I could also do the larger Classic headlamp, light bar and upper fork tube shrouds.
Ended up with more in it than I expected but I had initially thought to do it for my wife to replace her Honda 750 Shadow but have since picked her up a 1600 Meanstreak which once I rework the handlebars and controls will fit her better.
Surprisingly this bike sat out under a ratty poly-tarp in Florida for 4 years and in my garage for another two. A new battery, some fresh gas and it started and runs like a kitten.

IMG_20201115_133131011_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201008_210416206.jpg

Reactions: Tourer

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
Nice job. Great looking bike. Like the flowing look the seat gives the bike. Nice balance between the chrome and black throughout. Painting the frame gray looks good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice job. Great looking bike. Like the flowing look the seat gives the bike. Nice balance between the chrome and black throughout. Painting the frame gray looks good.
The frame of that model was gray, more of a gunmetal, as were the original wheels.

Follow link to example of original paint scheme, Vulcan 900 Pics, page 8, post #141

Reactions: Tourer

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
I knew the wheels were gray, but thought the frames were black. Another fact learned. That’s the beauty of this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts