Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find this??? I have the stock, paint-matched coil cover with the "2000" decal currently. I have seen bikes with the chrome cover stock, but I've been looking everywhere on the good ole interwebs and can't find it anywhere. The only thing I can find in chrome are the left and right side covers (but I don't think those would really look right in chrome on my bike).

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
The only thing I can find in chrome are the left and right side covers (but I don't think those would really look right in chrome on my bike).
j,, you are correct. krome does not look good on much any bike, 'cept maybe smed's krome kollection.. these beasty bikes need to be more subliminal in appearance as they are intimidating in sheer size and power, most other bike guys wet their pance just looking at or hearing this thing roll up..

so the more proper way to present this package is in phlatt blak minimal animal. here is how she should look if done rite, well, once. see now that dont skare nobody.. well they still seem to wet thier pance anyway. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I know some had a black air cleaner cover, wouldn't the other side match too? I think they were on some of Limited or Standard 2K's not 100%. Worth checking out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking the chrome cover was on some of the LT models maybe...i've been seeing a few pics on the v2k facebook page of some of the bikes and they have the chrome coil cover but i think all of them are also LTs

·
Registered
578 Posts
My LT has a chrome one. 14091-0289 $75.05 at Service Honda

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Some of the later model Classics had painted air box covers. I assume these may have also had painted coil covers.
my 07 Classic came with krome koil kover. I cut it out to fit a krome skull with LED eyes. wanted them to alternate flash with each spark plug. First slow at idle, then faster as revved up. got tired of that theme.. If you want it? I have it in a box out bak.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my 07 Classic came with krome koil kover. I cut it out to fit a krome skull with LED eyes. wanted them to alternate flash with each spark plug. First slow at idle, then faster as revved up. got tired of that theme.. If you want it? I have it in a box out bak.
if you get a chance, you think you could shoot me a pic? might be interested...i know i definitely want a chrome cover...light from my tank leds will shine nice off the chrome :) lot of light gets absorbed by the stock black cover right now.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
if you get a chance, you think you could shoot me a pic? might be interested...i know i definitely want a chrome cover...light from my tank leds will shine nice off the chrome :) lot of light gets absorbed by the stock black cover right now.
jb,, here is pik of watts lef of her. not much, huh.. forgot i musta painted it flatblak invisible. but had cut it out to fit that Krome Skull w/red LED eyes.
I musta gived the skull away too, as its not in the parts box? but it was the one of those truck hitch lite thingies you get at auto parts and the red eye lites work with the brakes and the turn sig's.. was kinda fun for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's pretty cool Ponch...think i'm gonna go with all chrome (if i can even find the damn thing). I don't really wanna modify mine in case i return it to stock down the road (for whatever reason). of course another option is to just do the relocate and open the whole area. how exactly did you do that? where did everything go?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
of course another option is to just do the relocate and open the whole area. how exactly did you do that? where did everything go?
jb,, the coils got relocated between the cylinders. they are bolted together and lay flat - float accross the top of the fuel tube.
the 3 plug in connectors are relocated to the front of the backbone and stuff up neat underneath the front of the Speedo housing where their mate connectors reside. the 4th connector is for the fuel pump and it sits sideways between the tank and leftside frame with other wire harness.. crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
...think i'm gonna go with all chrome (if i can even find the damn thing).
Really?? I posted a link. I think this should be a fairly easy endeavor for you. If you manage to track down this elusive chrome cover, you can begin the quest to find out how to install it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Don't get upset, Bill. Apparently he doesn't want to buy a NEW one. But a 'thanks guys for looking that up for me, but I don't want to spend that much' would have been nice, Jon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really?? I posted a link. I think this should be a fairly easy endeavor for you. If you manage to track down this elusive chrome cover, you can begin the quest to find out how to install it.
Sorry Bill and David, I completely missed that...I was getting that occasional email reply they send out and everytime it was a reply from Ponch. I looked at partzilla in my search before and didn't think twice about the part you linked because it didn't specify that it was the chrome cover. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I honestly missed your posts. I appreciate the help of everyone on this site. In the big picture, I'm still fairly new to bikes and you guys give a ton of insight and advice that I would be lost without. I think I've done more already with this bike than I've ever done with any car I've owned and have a lot more planned (euro gears, exhaust, etc.). Without the advice and guidance of the others users here, I would never have found out about half this stuff. Take it for what it's worth, but I'm truly sorry I offended you.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's all good.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Sorry Bill and David, I completely missed that...I was getting that occasional email reply they send out and everytime it was a reply from Ponch. I looked at partzilla in my search before and didn't think twice about the part you linked because it didn't specify that it was the chrome cover. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I honestly missed your posts. I appreciate the help of everyone on this site. In the big picture, I'm still fairly new to bikes and you guys give a ton of insight and advice that I would be lost without. I think I've done more already with this bike than I've ever done with any car I've owned and have a lot more planned (euro gears, exhaust, etc.). Without the advice and guidance of the others users here, I would never have found out about half this stuff. Take it for what it's worth, but I'm truly sorry I offended you.
All good, man.

Sometimes I do get worked up.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
All good, man. Sometimes I do get worked up.
not me. am kewl as kewkumber. havent lit a fire unner me in a long spell. must be do fer one soon nuff. poncho

1 - 18 of 18 Posts