Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chrome Brake and Clutch Levers

Does anyone make aftermarket chrome levers for 2012 1700 Classic. It seems like the 1700 is not popular with the aftermarket vendors yet. In addition I'm looking for chrome switch covers, but those don't seem to exist either. More choices for 800, 1500, 1600, 2000. Not so much for the 1700.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I don't think there is going to be anything in the future either.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Does anyone make aftermarket chrome levers for 2012 1700 Classic. It seems like the 1700 is not popular with the aftermarket vendors yet. In addition I'm looking for chrome switch covers, but those don't seem to exist either. More choices for 800, 1500, 1600, 2000. Not so much for the 1700.
Hi Curt1968
I'm afraid Bubba is right. Just not enough sold I guess. I have a 09 1700 Classic and have the same problem finding stuff.
What bags and backrest do you have on you Classic? I have OEM bags on mine, but your bags look a lot bigger.
WEG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Curt1968
I'm afraid Bubba is right. Just not enough sold I guess. I have a 09 1700 Classic and have the same problem finding stuff.
What bags and backrest do you have on you Classic? I have OEM bags on mine, but your bags look a lot bigger.
WEG
The bags are Kuryakyn and come in two sizes, I chose the smaller size. I kind of wish I would have picked the larger ones now. They also have quick release brackets. The rest is a Cobra small. I currently have taking it off to change up the look.

Too bad they don't make more aftermarket stuff. I'm sure I'd buy it! :)

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I had the WIDE chrome levers on my Venture. They looked cool but they took a while to get used to because they were so big.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the WIDE chrome levers on my Venture. They looked cool but they took a while to get used to because they were so big.....
I'm just interested in nice chrome levers, but they don't exist. So many nice ones out there, but mostly for HD. I'm thinking about some nice chrome mirrors. I can't seem to get enough chrome. I think it is a sickness!!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I've been looking for some for my 9. I saw some really cool blade style made for sport bikes but can't seem to find anything I like for the 9.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I had to get rid of that chrome tank bib and chrome speaker grills. It was way too much chrome in my face for me. Especially at high noon when it blinded me all the time. I traded for the black ones off a Vaquero and my Voyager actually looks better with the black ones...

Why not have your levers chromed??? Might even be cheaper. The new spray on chrome method is quick and cheap and only takes a few minutes..... you can chrome anything....

You can see that method in an episode of Jay Lenos Garage on his youtube channel....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts