Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Christmas is just around the corner.

My girlfriend's 18 year old son just got into motorcycles. He's been riding my spare cruiser around to work and such.

He's got the basics. Helmet. Gloves. Jacket. Footwear.

Any creative gift ideas for someone that's new to motorcycle scene?

·
Registered
702 Posts
So, Christmas is just around the corner.

My girlfriend's 18 year old son just got into motorcycles. He's been riding my spare cruiser around to work and such.

He's got the basics. Helmet. Gloves. Jacket. Footwear.

Any creative gift ideas for someone that's new to motorcycle scene?
Maybe pay for him to enroll in a MSF course (if it's not free where he lives) OR get him one of the good books on safe motorcycling that are available.

·
Living The Dream
1,516 Posts
Could always get him his own Vulcan and get your back? LOL, Would be mighty generous of you no doubt. Does he have a set of leather chaps?

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe pay for him to enroll in a MSF course (if it's not free where he lives) OR get him one of the good books on safe motorcycling that are available.
Already sent him to the basic MSF course (required for Florida). Now, there is an Advanced Course that might be a good idea...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'd pay for hotels and gas to cover 5 days of riding covering 1500 miles through multiple States on the same trip. You learn a lot about motorcycles on the road.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I want HRH Z to give me my birthday present! 5 days and 1500 miles!!
LMFAO! I give amazing gifts to people that I love! Last year, all my man wanted was a new AR-15. that was easy! LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts
The coolest thing we saw at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show....

Riding Social - They have graded ride routes. You can plan your routes on your computer, upload them to your phone to use as GPS, share the ride route with your friends, record your ride and share it with friends or embed it into websites, blogs or forums.

It's from the same people that do Butler Maps.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd pay for hotels and gas to cover 5 days of riding covering 1500 miles through multiple States on the same trip. You learn a lot about motorcycles on the road.
*Sigh* I think the fact that the only time of year I could possibly do such a thing myself is December is God's way of taunting me...

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
That's a great gift ..... one that he would benefit from for years to come ... after riding for 30 plus years, I went and did one of these (similar) courses ... I learnt a lot of new tricks and got rid of a lot of bad ones. You are never to young or to old to learn.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Good gift idea!!!
Actually, just went back and re-read it. And, that would be an awful idea . . . the kid is only 18. He won't be able to participate in most of the debauchery at The Buffalo Chip. And, he'll feel like everybody around him is "so old"! LOL!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another reason the adv MSF course is a good idea.....it should lower his insurance rates. And try to keep him disinterested in sport bikes....too tempting to "see what she can do!"....and that can lead to trouble (tickets, wrecks, et al).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.