Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done this..i think i have seen it before..

my stocks are debaffled already...any reason why or why i should not do this..

i really like the look of straights

i may be completely out of line here..please take it easy:eek:

PICS please

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have @ it & if it don,t work out there is plenty of us that have stockers sitting around you could buy.You could even buy mine ahead of time & you won,t loose any riding time while your chopping them up.Did you see the custom pipes in the 900 pic thread?

·
Registered
976 Posts
There was a guy on the BTK forum that cut em just south of the Catalytic section and then he removed the Cats as well. Said it was loud as all getout. I'm not going to make any judgements here and won't be part of any pipe thread, this is just a how to and has it been done statement, but please make sure and use Ear Protection. You should be anyways just for the damage wind noise will give ya.

I thought the just past the cat version was a little silly lookin myself and would probably have just gone with straight, wrapped pipes. But you know how everyone's taste in pipes is just a wee bit different.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies.i will not be cutting them that short if i do...jsut an idea..throwing the leveling kit on this afternoon and thought hey while the pipes are off why not

·
Registered
782 Posts
You might want to watch out for rust. The edge of the pipe where you cut it will no longer be chromed. Chrome, while pretty, is really there for rust protection. Maybe you could tape off the chrome and shoot the end with some high temp paint. Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might want to watch out for rust. The edge of the pipe where you cut it will no longer be chromed. Chrome, while pretty, is really there for rust protection. Maybe you could tape off the chrome and shoot the end with some high temp paint. Just thinking out loud.
thanks for the heads up..i forgot to mention i had a SE with the black pipes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts