Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 1700 Nomad has this chirping noise. I hear it at cruising speeds, and it's not a fast rapid chirp.It seems to be at a constant pace. I've readjusted the belt thinking that was it, but wasn't.With stock exhaust i know you can hear a lot of strange sounds that you wouldn't hear with loud exhaust. One other thing. is adding a K & N air filter the same as opening up or modifying the air intake when installing aftermarket exhaust?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
No,the hot air still has to travel the same old path starting at just under the gas tank. I'm sure the K&N filter itself will flow a little more air compared to stock. but that air path is a bummer. I started out with a K&N myself then sold it and got a Thunder Air Kit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O.K. Thanks for the reply, and that clears things up a little. So if I keep the K & N filter and add the Vance & Hines slip- ons I shouldn't have to install a fuel processor.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
O.K. Thanks for the reply, and that clears things up a little. So if I keep the K & N filter and add the Vance & Hines slip- ons I shouldn't have to install a fuel processor.
Well I would simply because these bikes are set up to lean from the factory. Just adding pipes will make it run even leaner."new Kawi Rider" from the forums just got through adding a PCV and was impressed with the throttle response that he has now, simply because of proper amount of fuel being used. In my case, the PCV was the first add-on I bought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts