Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered this tip for checking the oil on bikes with a site glass. You can sit on the bike to keep it stable and level, and use your phone camera to check the level. I used the forward facing camera (selfie camera) to use it as a mirror.

I hope I this isn't duplicate information, and I hope it helps y'all avoid doing something silly like dropping your bike just checking the oil ;) and save your $ vs buying an inspection mirror

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I've seen a lot of people say they use a mirror like that. I just like like this way because I always have my phone on me and I can always check it this way when I take a break on a long ride for extra peace of mind

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
71 Posts
Good tip.. I'll have to try it. I hate resting my cheek on the dusty garage floor whenever I check the oil :)

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I do it the best way of all. I sit on the bike to level it and the Mrs. looks at the sight glass. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do it the best way of all. I sit on the bike to level it and the Mrs. looks at the sight glass. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
You're right, that's definitely a better idea. Does she top off the oil for you when it's low, or are you still working on that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from NB. That's an interesting way of doing it. I just use a small mirror on a telescoping handle. Under $10 on eBay and works great.
Welcome from NB. That's an interesting way of doing it. I just use a small mirror on a telescoping handle. Under $10 on eBay and works great.
Where abouts in NB are ya? I'm looking for people to ride with as I'm just getting back into it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool I'm down for a ride tomorrow for sure. I was actually thinking of heading up the coast towards Bathurst if that interests you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts