Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I saw this stuff many moons ago in a YouTube video, but now it's commercially produced and available (About $20).

So I'm thinking... spray this stuff all over your riding gear... could you possibly have better rain gear than rain gear that's hydrophobic (repels water)? It would just bead off!

I've heard of it discoloring boots and things though. But who knows. What a neat idea!

I also wonder how well this works with leather? I have some warm leather gloves that I love, especially when it's cold and rainy- but they do get soggy when it rains. Seems like a perfect use for this stuff!

If it does discolor certain boots and things, I could always coat a few pairs of long socks... same principle right, feet stay dry! LOL

·
Registered
636 Posts
That would be nice if we could put that on paint and chrome. Bugs would come right of and when you road in the rain there would be no water spots lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Some neat stuff, So after you spray that on a shirt or pants , How do you wash them if it repels :eek:

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well you buy some and test it Roman and lets us know, I would like to know how it works in a washing machine to get them clean hehehe

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you buy some and test it Roman and lets us know, I would like to know how it works in a washing machine to get them clean hehehe
Well they say it won't hold up to soaps and certain solvents. So I assume, then, that sticking it in the washing machine would just wash away the coating anyway.

But, if it's hydrophobic, does it really need washed? Nothing will stain it, no moisture or sweat will impermeate it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I wonder if you feel like you are wearing a plastic bag :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's pretty cool! The video seems to have been made in my (geographic) back yard!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder if you feel like you are wearing a plastic bag :)
That's what the guys T-shirt looked like to me when they were pouring the crap all over it. Had a plastic like sheen to it.

As I watched this though my thoughts were, and they usually are bad was, why not use this on body, and in the event of an accident the blood will stay in.

I know tasteless.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts