Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this new item from kawasaki for all of us that have KQR back rest. I know it is expensive, but it will allow for a easy way to install a trunk on our vaquero. I found this in a new accessory book that kawasaki sent me in the mail yesterday.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
VERY NICE...I Love the green ones!!!

No doubt Kawi stuff is top of the line quality.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
851 Posts
What the hell....they didn't send me one. lol!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just checked my mail and nope, still didn't get one!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Solo rack is not new.Been around for a couple years and yes I used it on my Voyager to quickly remove and remount my trunk.Voyager for the wifey and Vaquero look for solo riding.

·
Registered
440 Posts
kawi took my money and forget my name.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ME NEITHER...Jeff, u have an inside connection at Kawi??

RACNRAY
I guess so Ray. The again this is the 2nd new bike in 2 years that I bought.

ta-kid I haven't seen that rack with the quick release in any of the Kawasaki accessory books yet.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solo rack is not new.Been around for a couple years and yes I used it on my Voyager to quickly remove and remount my trunk.Voyager for the wifey and Vaquero look for solo riding.
I know the rack was available for years. But this is the first time I've seen that it works and comes with the attachment for the quick release brackets. Had I known about this I would have bought it instead of the backrest. I was pretty thorough looking through the kawasaki accessory books at the dealer looking for this. Now I have something new to buy...lol It will make life easier for me to put a trunk on the bike when I need it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Capj I'll trade you? I have that rack with a trunk but it is red you might want to paint it. Do you have the KQR passenger backrest? I know it will work with the Mustang seat I have. I Don't use it because it only fits with the stock seat and my Mustang is a nicer seat with the driver backrest when I take a trip. Love the driver backrest.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Capj I'll trade you? I have that rack with a trunk but it is red you might want to paint it. Do you have the KQR passenger backrest? I know it will work with the Mustang seat I have. I Don't use it because it only fits with the stock seat and my Mustang is a nicer seat with the driver backrest when I take a trip. Love the driver backrest.
I was looking to use the rack because I have KQR backrest. I was hoping it would work with a aftermarket seat. I also have a trunk in black similar to yours. But mine doesn't have the lower pad you have. I still wonder if it will work?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe the KQR backrest sits higher than the rack I have and I have heard it does work with a Mustang seat at least. If it works with a Mustang I would think it would work with pretty much any aftermarket seat seeing as the passenger part of the seat on the Mustang is fairly big.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe the KQR backrest sits higher than the rack I have and I have heard it does work with a Mustang seat at least. If it works with a Mustang I would think it would work with pretty much any aftermarket seat seeing as the passenger part of the seat on the Mustang is fairly big.
That's good to know I would hate to spend the money and find out it won't work. So your set up is not what I posted a picture from the Kawi catalog?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is the same rack I have. As you can see from the pic of my bike that rack will only fit with the stock seat which is what is in the picture. That was before the Mustang seat. The passenger part of the Mustang seat is way to big and that rack isn't even close to fitting. I thought you allready had the KQR passenger backrest that also has a small rack shelf option on it and that will fit with a Mustang.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is the same rack I have. As you can see from the pic of my bike that rack will only fit with the stock seat which is what is in the picture. That was before the Mustang seat. The passenger part of the Mustang seat is way to big and that rack isn't even close to fitting. I thought you allready had the KQR passenger backrest that also has a small rack shelf option on it and that will fit with a Mustang.
I do have the KQR backrest. The picture I posted was just a luggage rack for the KQR system. I don't have the luggage rack that connects to the backrest. The new set up will allow for the removal of the backrest and allow for the luggage rack to be used to mount a trunk when wanted and removed easily.Then you can use the backrest or nothing at all. That is if I'm understanding you correctly. Kawasaki even shows it with there touring gel seat which is thicker than the stock one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can get the rack for your backrest and take the backrest pad part off and mount the trunk to the rack and you'll have the pads on the trunk as the new backrest. I know someone else on this forum has done this. This should work with any aftermarket seat you want. That is the way I would go knowing what I know now but I don't want to spend $600 more dollars for the KQR passenger backrest w/rack to make that way. Only bad thing is when you take the whole quick release thing off no more just backrest unless you want to take the trunk off the rack and put the pad back on but that's a big hassle and kinda defeats having the quick release deal. OR buy a whole other KQR passenger backrest w/rack and have one with the trunk and one without and you can quickly switch as wanted. If moneys no object. Bottom line don't bother with the solo rack I have that is in your first picture. It only works with the stock or a solo seat arrangement.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BigA80 did you realize the rack in the picture is a separate luggage rack for the KQR system? It does not incorporate the backrest and is removable like the backrest. Since I have the backrest already I think I'll order the luggage rack so I can use either one or nothing. I like the idea of having it removable when I want to change the look of the bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts