Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided the wife needed a better seat so I tossed it around between the mustang and the ultimate for a while and decided to go with the studded mustang. Looks are killer. Seat feels a bit smaller than stock for some reason and I am not that big but I will reserve further comments until I can break it in some. Definitely sitting up higher than before that's for sure. I also ordered some extra studs and studded my cobra backrest to match. Whatcha think???

Before:

After:

With Studded Backrest:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice, goes real good with the colors. Do you mean you sit up higher or the wife? Looks like it would give ya good lower back support...

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Looks nice. :good:

You should consider buying some extra studs because my experience with a studded seat on my first bike had me knocking them out with my boot.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks nice.

You should consider buying some extra studs because my experience with a studded seat on my first bike had me knocking them out with my boot.
I still have a few spares. Will try to be careful.

Very nice, goes real good with the colors. Do you mean you sit up higher or the wife? Looks like it would give ya good lower back support...
Well i meant i sit up higher, but it looks like the wife will also. I dont think im going to get any back support because i have to lean back past 90 degrees to come in contact with the seat. I have a curvy spine though so that could have something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
You going to put on that 26 inch wheel in front that is in the garage too??? LOL

Seat looks very good. Same model I have on the voyager, although with the driver backrest.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
The mustang moves you up and forward a little ... your wife will love the extra room and the raised front to stop her from sliding forward a lot..... you will appreciate the back support ... both your butts will really appreciate the comfort after several hours in the seat. Give it around 500 miles to break it in and you will surely appreciate the difference over the stocker.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nice seat.Kinda surprised you didn't get it with the drivers backrest.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You going to put on that 26 inch wheel in front that is in the garage too??? LOL
Seat looks very good. Same model I have on the voyager, although with the driver backrest.
I wish, probably get some killer cornering with that!

Nice seat.Kinda surprised you didn't get it with the drivers backrest.
I knew they made the backrest for the ultimate, but wasn't aware they had one for the mustang. I probably wouldn't have ordered it anyway. It doesn't really match the look I'm going for. I'm still a young guy and where my back hurts, the backrest wouldn't help anyway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just recently got a used mustang seat from someone that parted out their mods after selling their vulcan, the seat is worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. With the stock seat I was uncomfy at like 20 minutes, after an hour or 2 of riding we had to get off, and then after coming home we'd be sore all over the place for hours...

now with this seat I can (and have) been in the saddle for over 6 hours straight and felt no ill effects right after or later. I couldn't see spending the 800 canadian for the seat, but the 400 I paid I think it was well worth it, and already broken in :)

Having said that, and knowing what I know now.... I would have gladly paid the 800 for this seats comfort!

As a note I found it actually sits me back further, not forward, (odd). but it's nothing major.

I got the plain backrest from cobra also and am looking at studding it to match, did you have any issues doing this?

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Archer do you ride that bike or just look at it? It sure is a nice looking ride. I have the 'stang seat with back rest and really enjoy it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good looking seat!

I bought the Mustang studded wide touring seat with driver backrest for the type of riding I do on my Classic Lt. When I'm on the road alone I sit back with my feet on the highway pegs and just tour along comfortably. When the wife decides to ride along I just slip the back rest out and the slot is covered with a little tab. There have been times I've just left it in the saddle bag in case I needed it.
It's the wisest investment I made for my comfort considering the terrible design of the stock seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts