Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few people asking about the exhaust gaskets for our 1700's when changing pipes and thought I would share what I have found. These are for a Polaris 4-Wheeler (Quad) and are the exact same size but only cost like 10 dollars for 2 as opposed to paying ridiculous OEM prices. Hope this helps someone out.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Merde, just paid 40 bucks for a set

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Merde, just paid 40 bucks for a set
Holy Crap....that's nuts. After I went to Kawi looking for a set and they told me they could order some in for that kind of money I started looking elsewhere. A lot of these ATV's no matter what brand they are, have the same size pipes so the gaskets are the same. They are by no means exclusive to Kawi, so look around people.....just my opinion :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Too Late now

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
DLars - just ordered a set for mine from partszilla. Thanks for the tip.
Couldn't salvage the old one on left pipe. $11 for 2 of them. May as well replace the right side too

·
Registered
281 Posts
You can get them at Harley and they are nice mesh gaskets about $4 each and usually have them in stock unlike Kawi dealers.:eek:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can get them at Harley and they are nice mesh gaskets about $4 each and usually have them in stock unlike Kawi dealers.:eek:
Actually I'm referring to the gaskets that tie the left side pipe to the cross-over and there is one on the right side to the cross-over also. They are the soft ones that are about 1" wide and almost like lead with wire impregnated in it. I'm not sure if Harley would have those or not. The one's you mentioned are the screaming eagle header gaskets I think.....they are good and low priced too. They did have a set of soft beveled one for an evo or something too.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts