Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna let everyone know they should never order anything from this site. They sent me a defective part and then told me that i could not return it. Everyone be awarre; dont get caught up with this BS site!! Buy your parts else where!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Given that it's your very first post, perhaps you should start by telling the entire story? It's hard to put a whole lot of credence in an inflammatory post by somebody that stops by purely for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Every time someone comes in here with their first post and starts bashing a business or a company it ends the same way.......No u r not the first.......:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have seen other that have ordered parts from them with no problems, but what ever.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yes, sorry for your poor experience, but I purchased a replacement rear turn signal from them. It was a genuine new Kawasaki part, at about half of what the dealer wanted. I got it in great condition in a very short time. From my experience I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there everyone. I just did a google search looking for anyone who has had problems with CheapCycleParts.com. It seems like a decent amount of people, including myself, have. Here's my story:

I recently ordered a speedometer cable from them, assuming it would be cheaper and easier as my closest honda dealer is about 30 minutes away. I read, while ordering, on their site the standard "please allow 3-5 business days to process your order." I obviously didn't pay enough attention to it because 3-5 business days for processing is insane. I placed my order some time around noon, est, on Tuesday June 15th (i think this means around 9 or 10am for them). I got a receipt in my email for the order almost immediately. Per their website, I should receive a tracking number shortly.

Fast forward to Monday, June 21st. I still had not received a tracking number, so I called first thing in the AM. I spoke to a nice young lady who told me they had received my order and it would be shipped out via fed-ex today. I was obviously a little concerned since i had ordered the part a week ago. She said they do not drop ship, and the part was not in stock so they had to order it first to their warehouse, and then ship to me. This seemed pretty out of the ordinary, but what could I do. I thanked her for her help, and she assured me i would receive a tracking number that day.

Tuesday June 22nd, I receive a tracking number by email, linking me to a USPS site mind you. When I click the link, it tells me the tracking number was invalid and to try again. I assumed it had not been updated in the system. I tried a few more times through out the day, no change.

Wednesday, June 23rd I checked the tracking number first thing and finally it had updated. The message now read "shipping information received" and then had a message about how the package had not been dropped off, but the billing info had been processed, meaning it still had not been shipped. I gave them a call and this time spoke to a man. I gave him my order number and began explaining my problem to him. I may be a little long winded, but I was literally a few seconds in to explaining my problem when he interrupted me and said "Buddy, it'll ship out today." I explained to him that my problem was only half in the slow shipping time, but also in the misinformation given by the previous rep. He was unconcerned with what the previous rep told me, more so with trying to prove to me that Wednesday was the 5th business day from my order. He explained that no matter how early you order (my assumption since i ordered in the AM) the order day doesn't count, and that the day it ships doesn't count either b/c it is out of their hands. I went into the conversation just concerned about my part, and left angry at the lack of customer service.

I then sent an email stating everything Ive said above. I got an email back explaining to me that my situation fit into their shipping guidelines, and advising me of where I can find them. No mention was made of the rude CSR, or the misinformation.

My situation isn't terrible. I got my part, it appears to be the right part. It didn't take months, or cost a fortune. To be honest, if it weren't for the customer service issues I wouldn't even be posting this today. I have had great transactions with my local dealer, and shouldn't have strayed. Lesson learned, sorry for the novel, just thought I'd throw my .02 in.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Buy local or be prepared for delays cuz it has to happen to someone, and I've about 4 orders in the last two years with no problems through them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mike, that seems like normal operating procedures to me. 3-5 business days to process your order is normal operating standards. I know your main complaint is the customer service you received, but you also can't go into a situation expecting results in a couple hours.

My previous employer was a lock manufacturer and our order processing was 7 days. When you are dealing with several hundred or thousand orders per day, it takes time to process all of that information. Someone has to manually type that information in at some point and that takes time. I do see your frustration with your second call, a CSR should be a little more polite and professional.

I'm sorry you were not happy with your experience. I've never used the company or talked to anyone that has. My opinion is based on my background as an ex CSR.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Mike, that seems like normal operating procedures to me. 3-5 business days to process your order is normal operating standards. I know your main complaint is the customer service you received, but you also can't go into a situation expecting results in a couple hours.

My previous employer was a lock manufacturer and our order processing was 7 days. When you are dealing with several hundred or thousand orders per day, it takes time to process all of that information. Someone has to manually type that information in at some point and that takes time. I do see your frustration with your second call, a CSR should be a little more polite and professional.

I'm sorry you were not happy with your experience. I've never used the company or talked to anyone that has. My opinion is based on my background as an ex CSR.
+1, that's standard for most online "parts warehouses". The way they can afford to offer things at such low prices is by not having an actual "warehouse" at all! Lower overhead. You order, they process and place their order, receive the part, ship it...

As far as the USPS tracking, their info is always behind. I watched a "shipping information entered" status for two days, and when it finally updated to the "billing processed, in delivery" stage, I received the package within an hour. *shrug*

Another 1-poster with a 1st post complaint? Wow...

Welcome to the forums, Mike. Hope you enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I havent ordered from them, but where i live (TN) I have ordered numerous things from MRcycles.com, they are cheaper than most places (Bikebandit, cheapcycleparts, roy ayers) and I usually get my order a day or two after. Dad laid his Connie down and we had to order a whole new fairing, they called us twice to double check with the year and color of the bike before sending it. They are amazing! And i have no affiliation with them, but great guys for OEM parts for amazing prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts