Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the yamaha raider tail rack on my bike as it has a similar curve as the Vulcan 900 here is a pic IMAG0089.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can you tell us and also show a pic of how you attached it? I've been interested in putting a solo rack behind my Saddlemen Renegade solo seat. Did you have to put a hole in the rear fender?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I just lined it up center and drilled a top and bottom hole. Very simple the rack has a top and bottom post shaped like an arrow tip, the rack came with felt stickie pads and screws and nuts. I can take some pics tomorrow if you would like . The rack was purchased off of amazon, eBay approx 35.00 . Thank you Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, I'd appreciate it if you could show a few more pics. Thanks.

Is the plastic fender the only support for the rack? Or did you somehow attach it to the fender frame underneath?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the plastic fender the only support for the rack? Yes Or did you somehow attach it to the fender frame underneath? No The rack is on very tight it is help on by 2 machine screws chrome washers and lock nuts, View attachment 41474 IMAG0090.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is another IMAG0091.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks good. Another member did this mod using a rack made for a Harley. I am all over this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks four

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
mska1092, do you have a link to that fender rack?
Yes Sorry I forgot to add

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Raider-77-0073-Solo-Seat-Luggage/dp/B004MWS8B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376318900&sr=8-1&keywords=Raider+77-0073+Solo+Seat+Luggage+Rack[/ame]

Also you could search Amazon for this part number Raider 77-0073 Solo Seat Luggage Rack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts