Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In keeping with the idea that I don't want to spend much money on this bike, I found a cheap back rest. It's about 60 bucks on Amazon and comes with a luggage rack. It takes a little patience to install and everything doesn't just line up perfectly but for that price I wasn't expecting Kuryakyn quality. It's better than I thought it would be. The biggest thing is the back rest pad. It's a little cheesy but you could replace it with a better one if you wanted. When I got this bike I didn't know how much it would be used. It's a big hit for passengers because it's comfortable and easy to mount. The back rest should make it even more comfortable and the luggage rack might come in handy if I ever did a day trip on it.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Gesture Font Line Screenshot Multimedia

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My profile picture is the bike right after I refinished it. That's before the bags, back rest and other little parts. Those are just cheap Amazon bags. They are throw-overs that tie together so they can be lowered if you want. I had them lower but they were too close to the pipes for my liking and just looked saggy. This is a super budget bike so I'm spending as little as possible. Pretty much everything I've replaced has come from Amazon. I do not recommend these bags. They don't open well. If they hinged forward they would be much better. I've thought about cutting the yoke off and making some hard mounts but again, it's a budget bike that I'll probably end up giving away. The only reason I still have it is because I haven't finished my V-Max build yet. It's a great bike that does exactly what it was built to do, I just have some other bikes that are a little better at certain things. I do have to say that the VN800B is the most well-rounded bike I have right now. It does almost everything good and some things great. If it had another gear, fuel gauge and was fuel injected I would surely keep it.

Product Helmet Font Screenshot Technology

1 - 2 of 2 Posts