Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to J&P tonight because I was bored and thought Id change the look a bit on the 9. Most of my Harleys have always had 18-20 apes but right now I couldn't afford the cash to fork out $300 plus for the cables so I got me a set of 12" Harley bars. I liked the feel of the stock beach bars but didn't like the looks of em. I really wish I could of afforded to dish out $500 to put the set on I wanted to plus cables but $39 isn't too bad for these. To make it better, I had almost $70 store credit from previous returns, so I got a oil change for the bike too.
Maybe a paint job in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those look great, I have the J&P 10" on mine and love the look and the riding position. What color are you thinking of?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look great, I have the J&P 10" on mine and love the look and the riding position. What color are you thinking of?
Im not positive but I think I might go with a pearl white. Its so convenient to have J&P 30 minutes down the road from me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Awesome. . love the look!

I was wondering if you could link me up with what exactly you ordered? How hard was it to isntall?? Would it work on my custom with classic risers?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love the look of the smaller apes on the 900. 10-14" fits perfectly with the look of the bike. I've been considering adding some 12" to mine this coming winter. I've heard they can be more comfortable than the beach bars, but I've never ridden a bike with apes, so it's kind of scary proposition.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So you managed to go all the way up to 12" (so to speak) and get away with not having to switch out your cables? If that's the case and they have more of these 12" bars for $39 post the part # 'cause I def want to put these on my custom also (after I get it powder coated black that is) :)

-D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.
We just went into the shop and had a look. Can't use my mini-apes 'cause they're 1-1/4" bars (Wild 1 Chubby's) that neck down to 1" at the triple tree & grips but not far enough for the master cylinder.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
Those are the same bars I have. I broke down and bought new cables though. I'm thinking of switching to 14" bars in the future though. I won't go back to regular bars after having these on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts