Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a stator go bad. Burned up. Replaced it by splicing in the new one and replaced the rectifier. Also changed the battery. But now I never know whether the bikes going to turn over and start or if it will stall out while idling. When it won’t start it does buzz like the battery is too low. I can ride but just don’t know if it will start when I go to leave. Any ideas what may have gone wrong?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have a multi-meter handy? Have you read what voltage your battery is giving off? I know its new but always good to check.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Kawi shop manual battery voltage when the battery is not in use is 12.7 or higher. From your post it's not certain whether you actually have a problem. If the battery tests OK obviously the next best trial is to actually start the engine and go from there. A trial ride or two close to home and if everything works as it should would confirm that all likely is OK, and checking battery voltage after riding when the engine is switched off, if it is OK should be further confirmation. If those tests reveal a problem obviously further diagnosis will be needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts