Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at making my rear turn signal lights into run-brake-turn lights. Wondering if buying new front turn lights would work. I see that the fronts do not stick out as far as the rear ones do; can they be extended?
Would it be better to buy the Kuryakyn kit instead of trying this idea?
My goal is to improve visibility from the rear. A riding buddy said it was very hard to see me unless very close. I have a standard rear light and the brightness is good.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Just FYI, I believe in ALL states, in order to run them as run-brake-turn you'll need to replace the amber lenses with red lenses (or clear lenses but a red bulb). Running lights or brake lights MUST be red. Turn signals may be red or amber.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
running lamps

Just FYI, I believe in ALL states, in order to run them as run-brake-turn you'll need to replace the amber lenses with red lenses (or clear lenses but a red bulb). Running lights or brake lights MUST be red. Turn signals may be red or amber.
+1 I stopped a biker this past Sat. and explained this to him. No, I didn't ticket him!

·
Registered
273 Posts
run turn signals

I installed the Kury product a couple seasons ago. After going on a couple of rides with 20 of us I noticed how much easier it is to see the bike in front of you slowing down or stopping I thought it was a great safety feature. It was truly plug and play, the wires fit right in your battery compartment. It also contains the different lenses for the rear end to make it legal. I think it would be a great investment for safety reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts