Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not in a position to tear into my speedo to look right now or I would. Maybe this weekend. It's easy to do its just a matter of what it is your doing, replacing a bulb or sautering on an LED light. I've done it to a few cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im wanting to. Was told its easy. Hoping to hear from someone that actually did this. Lol
Ok I did some digging around on Google and found a parts guide. Its showing that the bulb is a T3.4,12V1.1W. Old bulb pulls out and this one goes right in so no sautering.

I googled it and they run about 5 bucks a piece in most places. Superbrightled has them for .99 each with a few colors to choose from.

I just ordered they will be here Monday or Tuesday, if you would like I can report back when I get them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://imgur.com/a/rO5CH

Ok so I excitedly tore into my bike as soon as I got home to do the bulb switch. It was a no go. The t3.4 listed in the manual isn't the correct bulb. As you can see in the pictures the actual bulb is a little white square sautered into the board. I don't have a back up speedo otherwise I would give it a go and try to sauter in new LEDs.

So for now this project is on hold. Hope this helped clear up any questions for anyone else wanting to do this.

Edit:The speedo has 7 LEDs that light it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts