Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't particularly enjoy the looks or feel of the stock floorboards that come on the Vulcan 900 classic. I want to switch it to pegs.

Has anyone done this? If so what is all needed? Is it hard? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I don't particularly enjoy the looks or feel of the stock floorboards that come on the Vulcan 900 classic. I want to switch it to pegs.

Has anyone done this? If so what is all needed? Is it hard? Any recommendations?
The easiest way is to put the pegs and shifter assembly from 900 Custom on your bike. Maybe find somebody with a Custom that wants boards? You can also buy the parts. They'll bolt right on, but it's not cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Someone with a custom just private messaged me and it sounds like he wants to trade just like you were suggesting. I think i want to but aren't the boards more valuable than the pegs? I wonder if i would be on the loosing end of that deal. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thanks for the input. Someone with a custom just private messaged me and it sounds like he wants to trade just like you were suggesting. I think i want to but aren't the boards more valuable than the pegs? I wonder if i would be on the loosing end of that deal. Thoughts?
If you're getting what you want, it's a good deal!

Check the prices of each assembly, and compare maybe?

·
Registered
142 Posts

Have you looked at these?

http://xchoppers.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_49&products_id=152

The adapters are only about $25. More. I had these on one of my previous bikes and found them to be better than pegs but less cumbersome than full floorboards.

Just for the record I am not affiliated to Xchoppers, however I do buy from them when I need something. Grant has forgotten more about bikes than most of us will ever know.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
If he is selling bike part, then who is buried in 'Grant's Tomb'? LOL, reminds me of an old joke!!!
I am one of those custom guys that may want to switch to boards!!! Still not sure if it is something that I want to do though...

·
Registered
918 Posts
All my other bikes I've had had always come with pegs. This 900 Classic I have now has the floorboards. Took some getting used to; but I still think pegs is a better option for me.

If anyone is interested in a direct swap, I'd trade my stock floorboards and heel/toe shifter for stock footpegs and toe-shifter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone else want to trade the pegs and shifter from a Custom for my floor boards and shifter from my 2011 Classic? I don't like the boards either, and I'm really not into the funky shifter either......

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't mind the floorboards too much, it's the heel shifter I hate using. I find myself changing gears when I raise my legs from a stop because my left foot doesn't plant far enough forward. My other reason for switching to pegs is I want to where cowboy boots when I ride. I don't think they would look good with floorboards. But that's just me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im still learning the world of the 900 after having a 750 for 3 years... Has the design basically stayed consistent over the years like the 750? So if I want to replace my boards and shifter on my Classic with ones from a custom, is there a certain year range I should look for? My Classic is a 2011..... Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Im still learning the world of the 900 after having a 750 for 3 years... Has the design basically stayed consistent over the years like the 750? So if I want to replace my boards and shifter on my Classic with ones from a custom, is there a certain year range I should look for? My Classic is a 2011..... Thanks!!
They've stayed pretty consistent. You should look at the parts diagrams on cheapcycleparts.com.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts