Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a video on youtube of a guy saying you have to loosen the banjo bolt on the front caliper to move it to the side to take the caliper off.

Is this true or can I slide the caliper off the disc without messing with the banjo bolt. I really don't want to have to bleed the breaks.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
1. You have to bleed them anyways because one never bushes back the pistons without loosening the bleeder screw first. If you do not, it just shoots dirty brake fluid back up into the master cylinder which is bad practice.
2. It is probably due for a fluid flush and change, anyways, so now is the time to do it.
3. Might just as well do the job correctly.
4. Remember, NO petroleum based products to touch any braking component. Only brake specified cleaners and lubricants to be used.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have changed many pads and shoes on car and bikes. Never had to bleed any of them. When the pistons are pushed backed the fluid goes back in the resivor. Even now that I don't do my truck brakes, the mechanic that does them doesn't bleed them either. Do what you want but no need to loosen bolts and have to bleed. The 900 manuel doest even say anything about loosening banjo bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts