Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its official im doin it We are gonna cut the hell out of my fender makin it shorter with a point to match my pipes also im goin to take it back down to 3 inches with the 230/60/15 cant wait there will be many mods done like welding my fender right to the struts Its a cool look I think you guys will like Ill get pics when all done or midway cya

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm sure you have seen this. But the 240 conversion kit you can buy the mimic wheel, 240 tire, and a sumo-x fender that comes to a point.
However, it's quite pricey. I can't wait to see what you do as well. Keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Its official im doin it We are gonna cut the hell out of my fender makin it shorter with a point to match my pipes also im goin to take it back down to 3 inches with the 230/60/15 cant wait there will be many mods done like welding my fender right to the struts Its a cool look I think you guys will like Ill get pics when all done or midway cya
i dont want to sound like a creep, but i've read some of your other posts and you were recently talking about doing the ScootWorks Pulley upgrade for you 900 Custom... if you install the 230, you cannot install either the front or the rear ScootWorks Pulleys because since the diameter of the tire is so much bigger than stock, it'll bring the tire too close and create a rubbing that cannot be corrected. i've read here that the pulleys will work with the meztler 200. just not sure if both pulleys fit with the 200 tire.

i was thinking about installing the pulley system but since i have the 230 Avon, i'll just live with the bad ass look of my rear tire. :)

i might just wait until my 230 runs out to put the 200 and the pulleys to enjoy the highway ride a little more.

ride safe...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no scotts work pulley for me I have some bad ass ideas for my rear in the works im goin with the 230/60/15 cuz i like the little rim and my fender will be a suprise LOL I did just take that damn splash guard off hell the back of the toolbox and battery box protect everything

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would vote for the 240 Mimic as well. Some have done it and looks really nice. I was never a fan of the 230 donut style tire, too much ruber for a little rim IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts