Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to change fork oil in my 1700 Classic. Can some one help with what size wrench and where to get it to remove the front axle.Thanks for the help.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
22mm. thot had a pic to show. can make this tool with a large bolt (>22mm) and 2 nuts. take the bolt and file/grind it down to 22mm accross the flats. test it to fit inside axle. put 2 nuts on the bolt and jam-lock them together spin against each other. with the filed down bolt head in the axle, use a wrench on the inside nut to spin the axle loose/off. cost about $2bux

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change fork oil

Thanks for all the help.Took Pancho Villas advise and made the tool out of a heavy bolt. Wont be able to see if it works till friday when i dig into the forks.If it doesnt then Ill just have to buy the Hex socket.Again thanks for all the info.You guys are great.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Thanks for all the help.Took Pancho Villas advise and made the tool out of a heavy bolt. Wont be able to see if it works till friday when i dig into the forks.If it doesnt then Ill just have to buy the Hex socket.Again thanks for all the info.You guys are great.
gb, if you do it like this, you wont need that $50 socket. been working for 10+yrs.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fork oil change

Yep made it just like your pictures. Gonna give it a try Friday Thanks again

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Be sure to loosen the two lower fork leg bolts ONLY on the right fork. The left leg holds the threads the axle is spun into. If you loosen both sides the axle will not come out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts