Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these bags on their 2000 Limited? If so, please give me your thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am not sure about those bags but i have matazu mu hardbags. I had a friend weld a small brace on the brackets that came with them but besides that i really like them. they are alot cheaper and work great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about those bags but i have matazu mu hardbags. I had a friend weld a small brace on the brackets that came with them but besides that i really like them. they are alot cheaper and work great.
Thanks for responding

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey folks, anyone around who owns a set of these Champion Patriot hardbags? If so, I have a question about them. Do you have to use the key to close the latch on the bags? the wife and I want a set of bags that we can get into quickly at gas stops without having to fish out the keys. If these bags can be latched closed without the key, I think I'm gonna pick up a set of them this Spring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey folks, anyone around who owns a set of these Champion Patriot hardbags? If so, I have a question about them. Do you have to use the key to close the latch on the bags? the wife and I want a set of bags that we can get into quickly at gas stops without having to fish out the keys. If these bags can be latched closed without the key, I think I'm gonna pick up a set of them this Spring.
You don't use the key to open or close the latches. The key is only used to lock and unlock the bags once the latches are closed. Getting into the bags to access stuff is quick and easy.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I have a set of practically new leather stock bags off of my V2L Classic Lt if you would be interested. Absolutely look brand new. No scuffs of any kind. Perfect condition.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Message to Okie

You sent me a private message about my leather bags for sale and tried to answer you but the Forum said you you can"t accept any more PM's until you empty out some. PM me when you can accept messages again and I'll give you the info.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
The Corbin Beetlebags for the V2K are about the same price and size but better quality. The best feature is they are molded to hug that rear fender and you don't get that 4-6 inch gap between the fender and the bag. Lifetime guarantee also. Check them out!

http://corbin.com/kawasaki/kv2bag.shtml
I hope I didn't violate any forum rules by posting that site! Crap!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Corbin Beetlebags for the V2K are about the same price and size but better quality
The respective web sites for Patriot and Corbin bags show a base price of $1,295 for the Patriots and a base price of $1,699 for the Corbins . That's over a $400 difference - hardly what I would call the same price.

I actually physically looked at both Corbin and Patriot bags before I bought the Patriots and IMHO the quality of workmanship on both are about the same. The difference is in the design of the bags and not in the quality of the bags themselves.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
The problem with the Corbin bags is they are so close that you may not be able to mount a sissy bar bracket in between.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts