Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new thread about a strange feeling and sound I am getting from my chain and started looking into chains and sprockets just in case that becomes the solution to the issue.

cheapcycleparts.com has all the OEM items for $366.62 shipped.

Cross shopping on Revzilla getting non OEM parts, the cost is $250.11 shipped.

I just commute on this thing. Anyone feel like it is better to stick with OEM or otherwise? I like using OEM parts and don't mind the $100 bump, just want to know if there is something better out there, should I look into it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I have had good results with both vortex and Super Sprox . Regina and DID chains are great. If you find the first 2 gears snatchy now would be a good time to change the ratio. Some riders go up a tooth on the counter shaft , I went down 3 on the rear sprocket. The only advantage I see is possibly being simpler since the dealer knows that your bike has a 15& 46 sprocket set and 120 link chain stock

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right I was thinking about changing the setup.
I used to commute a lot on the highway with ZERO traffic. So 80mph for 35 min.
Now I am on the highway too, but lots of traffic so I am a bit more inclined to keep the setup stock out.

Good to know some name brands I have been seeing are OK in another riders eyes.
Here is a list of the parts in my Revzilla cart. Now I just need to decide if the issue I am hearing is even related to these parts.
They would be fun to swap in though. Would be even more fun to save the $250 if they are not needed yet.

Chain:
DID 530VX3 X-Ring Chain
SKU: 1802665

Size: 120 Links
Finish: Gold

$194.95

Rear Sprocket:
SuperSprox Steel Rear Sprocket Kawasaki 2003-2017
SKU: 1298017

Size: 46T
Finish: Black

$39.95

Front Sprocket:
Vortex Front Sprocket Kawasaki / Yamaha 250cc-450cc
SKU: 1163627

Size: 15T
Finish: Chrome

$21.21

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Right I was thinking about changing the setup.
I used to commute a lot on the highway with ZERO traffic. So 80mph for 35 min.
Now I am on the highway too, but lots of traffic so I am a bit more inclined to keep the setup stock out.

Good to know some name brands I have been seeing are OK in another riders eyes.
Here is a list of the parts in my Revzilla cart. Now I just need to decide if the issue I am hearing is even related to these parts.
They would be fun to swap in though. Would be even more fun to save the $250 if they are not needed yet.

Chain:
DID 530VX3 X-Ring Chain
SKU: 1802665

Size: 120 Links
Finish: Gold

$194.95

Rear Sprocket:
SuperSprox Steel Rear Sprocket Kawasaki 2003-2017
SKU: 1298017

Size: 46T
Finish: Black

$39.95

Front Sprocket:
Vortex Front Sprocket Kawasaki / Yamaha 250cc-450cc
SKU: 1163627

Size: 15T
Finish: Chrome

$21.21
Two things. The KVS is 520 not 530 . That will save you a couple of bucks . The most HP I have seen with a muffler swap and Boosterplug is 64 HP. So the strongest chain while nice is Overkill. With my 15/43 sprocket set I am doing 68mph at 5000 rpms. Currently am running the Vortex .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts