Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
IDK how much stock people here put into his videos, but Fortnine did a whole video on chain cleaners and lubes. Personally I've just been using WD40 and gear oil for the last two years and have had great success with them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's what I had- and I loved it. Well- now I have a belt and I believe it would not concur with it... somehow...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
IDK how much stock people here put into his videos, but Fortnine did a whole video on chain cleaners and lubes. Personally I've just been using WD40 and gear oil for the last two years and have had great success with them.

I didn't watch the videos but chain cleaner definitely works and the chain wax is great on your chain and it lasts a long time and it's not messy. The one downside is that it is more expensive than WD40. Personally, I have no doubt that WD40 and gear oil work just fine as they're all petroleum based products that do basically the same thing...the difference is how long it lasts and the cost. I don't think WD40 is detrimental to the chain either.

It's whatever works best for people. However, not lubing or cleaning is different story.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chain cleaner and lube generate as much discussion as engine oil. I know of a guy in another forum who swore by wally oil of appropriate grade and the cheapest wally filters. He changed the oil every 5000 miles faithfully ( he said ). Never had any issues. As for chain care: knock yourself out by your preferred mode. Keep it clean and oiled, choose your own preferred brand. In theory, one or two chains WILL fail thru no fault of the owner and in spite of the best care.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts