Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a centre stand or lift that I can buy (UK if possible) to keep both wheels off the ground?

Thanks Dave

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Does anybody know of a centre stand or lift that I can buy (UK if possible) to keep both wheels off the ground? Thanks Dave
dtp, here is pic of Sears version of standard lift, can be had at dozen tool outlets this side of pond. price ~ $100.USD. would think you should find it over there? poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
dtp, here is pic of Sears version of standard lift, can be had at dozen tool outlets this side of pond. price ~ $100.USD. would think you should find it over there? poncho
Poncho the 650S is not a real Vulcan, it's the Versys/ER6N lowered and made to look as a cruiser, hence the underside of the bike has the exahust/muffler.

Because there's no exhaust in that interfers, and the bike already has the threads for spools simple padlock stand will lift her.

What you need is:

Using the mentioned lift will damage the exhaust and muffler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poncho the 650S is not a real Vulcan, it's the Versys/ER6N lowered and made to look as a cruiser, hence the underside of the bike has the exahust/muffler.

Because there's no exhaust in that interfers, and the bike already has the threads for spools simple padlock stand will lift her.

What you need is:

Using the mentioned lift will damage the exhaust and muffler.
murquiza thanks for that. I could use paddock stands front and rear but I have limited space. I need either a centre stand or something like poncho found - obviously without the centre strut that would hit the exhaust.

Best

Dave

·
Registered
183 Posts
murquiza thanks for that. I could use paddock stands front and rear but I have limited space. I need either a centre stand or something like poncho found - obviously without the centre strut that would hit the exhaust.

Best

Dave
Dave,

Unfortunately none of the aftermarket center stands for similar bikes (Versys) will work due to the height difference of the bikes.

You said you needed to lift it, I assume that it's to work on the bike. If you want to save space and keep the bike upright may be a front wheel chock is all you need.

On the Vulcan S the engine hangs from the frame and you don't have any frame area to lift it from the bottom where the muffler and exhaust headers are located. Your best option is to use padlocks.

About the space the padlocks use, the ones I have don't use extra space on the back as the lift handle can be retracted, and the front one takes may be and extra 5" on the front floor area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
murquiza, many thanks. I'll see what I can get. I did spot the bike lift in your 2nd picture over here and contacted them but they haven't seen the Vulcan S yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can somebody measure the width between the front forks so that I can see what front paddock stand I will need please?

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
murquiza, many thanks. I'll see what I can get. I did spot the bike lift in your 2nd picture over here and contacted them but they haven't seen the Vulcan S yet.
abba replied, since the swing arm pivot is covered they do not have any product that will suit.

Short front and rear paddock stands will do though, so I am going to get some.

Thanks to poncho and murquiza for your help

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can somebody please measure the gap between the front forks and the swinging arm so that I can work out what paddock stands I need.

Cheers Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts