Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from central Missouri and have had my 2006 1600 classic since September.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a newbie to this site. I have been riding for almost 25 years, only 34 now, on and off. Started off on a Honda 80. from there moved to a Honda 125 dirt bike and rode local tracks. Then 175 trail bike. Had a bad wreck, off road, on a 650 liquid cooled dual sport and got out of it for 10 years. Bought a brand new 2012 Honda CBR 250 in 2012, traded off in Sept '14 for the Classic. Was an active member on the 250 forum for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gotcha. I also learned to ride on a Honda 125. Used to sneak it out of the shed whenever possible till the old man wised up.
How do you like your 1600 Classic?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love it so far. The guy who had it before me put a lot of aftermarket stuff on it. Touring seat, windshield, saddle bags, luggage rack, foot boards, grips. I replaced the 17” windshield to a 21” since I am 6'4” and installed a white underglow kit. MPG could be better but after not having any roll off power that is to be expected. I do miss the fun of my little “sport” bike but the classic is a better fit for me and the whole family. They all ride with me from time to time, the wife to the 5 year old.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Welcome! Good riding in those parts! I like to hop on the bike and head to Jeff City for ice cream at Central Dairy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like a sweet ride! Decked out, too. Post some pics when you get a chance.
Yeah, going from a sport bike to a cruiser is a change, but better for the little ones for sure. If you ever get down to Houston, hit me up. Good riding north of town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts