Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Been riding around Tallapoosa...and I'd like to climb Mt. Cheaha in Talladega Co. A weekday morning ride would be perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a 200 mile ride just to get to Mt Cheaha.
My shoulder doctor told me my shoulder is about ready to be replaced and my right knee has already been replaced. My doctors have told me I need to quit riding because of my arthritus. I think that would be a little bit to much of a trip for me.
It sounds like a great ride though. I was living at Pine Mountain Ga up until a year ago and I loved riding around there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That would be a 200 mile ride just to get to Mt Cheaha.
My shoulder doctor told me my shoulder is about ready to be replaced and my right knee has already been replaced. My doctors have told me I need to quit riding because of my arthritus. I think that would be a little bit to much of a trip for me.
It sounds like a great ride though. I was living at Pine Mountain Ga up until a year ago and I loved riding around there.
Ahh yes...degenerative disc disease, old knees in bad need of oiling, shoulders so painful I can't sleep, my old buddy Arthur in my hands and doctors who think I'm out of my mind to keep riding...but what do they know? They should ride, then they might understand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can make maybe a 60 mile ride without to much pain the next day. I was hoping for someone local to make shorter rides with.
An old friend of mine bought a Spider Roadster and said she would like to get together for some riding.
I have started riding my Goldwing more these days as I can go longer without as much pain.
I am afraid I am going to have to part with my 92 Vulcan 88 as medical problems continue.
I will probably hang around if I do sell it just to be around the great people here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts