Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Tim Horton's the other day and saw another HD dresser sitting up at 90 deg all by itself....on a center stand. :surprise: As I get older and more decrepit I find that the beast is hard to pull up to 90 from the OEM kickstand, especially with the larger darkside tire and my lovely lady already seated:devil2: I have been on a lot of sites trying to find one for the mighty V2K, or even a newer Nomad but there are none to be found. Of course, HD offers hundreds of models for any number of the alphabet bikes, probably because they recognize their aging demographic, but there are no suppliers for the VN2000. I am going to measure up my buddy's Ultra for frame to ground height and frame width. Most HD accessories can be modified to go on the V2K (hard to grind off the logo lol) but it would be nice to find a "factory" alternative.

BTW, Tim Horton's is the Canadian version of Starbucks.... traffic hazard and questionable quality coffee all wrapped up in one lol

·
Registered
860 Posts
As I get older and more decrepit I find that the beast is hard to pull up to 90 from the OEM kickstand, especially with the larger darkside tire and my lovely lady already seated:devil2:
I usually lean heavy on it to get the push I need to get'er up to vertical, kinda using my weight to my advantage (it is there, why not use it), I've gotten pretty good at it (practice , practice, practice). I could not do without the angle it already has cus' the streets on my town are all over the place as far as pitch is concern, so the resting angle of my beast helps me park it most places, the front of my house for starters.

You would have to think the bike is a bit heavy to put it ON a center stand to start with.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The '04 sits over farther on the stand than later years. They fixed it by repositioning the kickstand, not changing the stand itself. Here's what I did to mine. It ain't pretty, but it really helps. I've never seen a big bike on a center stand, but it's an interesting idea.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The HD rider showed me how the stand works and it is slick. While you do have to find a levelish spot, you just have to stand on the little lever on the left side and gently rock back. If is set right it takes very little effort. He was about a foot shorter than me and an easy 100lbs lighter, yet he managed to pop that Ultra up like it was a dirt bike.... The Ultra didn't come off the ground front or back, just took up some of the suspension. He said he just drives off of it. Gonna find one and try it lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
My BMW had an electric over hydraulic centerstand. That was nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts