Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
siphoned of a quart and let it settle have a small puddle of water at the bottom treated the fuel waited a day took it for a ride didnt clear up! think i have a LOT of water . want to remove tanks any one know HOW THAT RED CLIP COMES OFF THE FUEL LINE ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
siphoned of a quart and let it settle have a small puddle of water at the bottom treated the fuel waited a day took it for a ride didnt clear up! think i have a LOT of water . want to remove tanks any one know HOW THAT RED CLIP COMES OFF THE FUEL LINE ?
Just a suggestion. I don't know how much water you have in your tank, but I would suggest buying a bottle of Heat fuel additive. You could add 1/2 bottle to the tank. It will absorb the water in your Kaws fuel system. I would add some regardless if you drain the tank or not, to make sure you get all the water out of your fuel system. Don't be confused with the alcohol in gasohol and this additive they are different. One is ethanol, the other is isopropyl alcohol.

http://www.startribune.com/business/36707014.html

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
As mentioned the red clip slides away from the connectors but doesn't come off.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
+1 on Heet added to get the water out. Seafoam will also stabilize the fuel of water but not as well as heet. Drain it, but use the heet afterwards to make sure your fuel system and residual water in your fuel tank is dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts