Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to buy saddlebags from this firm:
http://www.vikingbags.com/?gclid=CIyto_rgs7ICFQQGnQod2lMAsg

The bags they advertised were "Vulcan 900 Specific" to ensure capability with this model.

While their web site looks great and advertised bag features were impressive;
1. pre-drilled holes for a VN-900
2. locking devices on straps
3. velcro strips on interior lid to ensure better sealing
4. hard mounting hardware

All these features with real leather for about $275.

When they arrived after over one week of shipping, all of these 4 features were NOT on the bags or in the box. After calling their firm, I got an excuse that they had changed design and could not process a return authorization as their "computers" were "down"....call us back later.....called 3 times and got only leave a message prompts. Also sent email as per their return policy.

Today I used a different phone to call their toll free and "magically" got an answer. The "customer service" rep. was not interested in the above issues and had no record of my previous calls nor my emails. After about one hour wait, I finally received an authorization for return, which I certainly will do tomorrow. They made no attempt to rectify the problem and send proper bags ASAP nor explain the foul up.

I will not buy from "Viking Bags" again and would caution our members from trying a purchase of these "enticing" bags.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hutson,

Too bad your order did not come out correctly. I had a completely different experience. My bags arrived as advertised and have served me well.:cool: I think they look good and were very affordable when you compare them to the competition. I had no problem with alignment or with the mounts themselves. I hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
HEY, really nice looking pix and glad your bags worked out. Is that an Apache helo logo on the bag? ....... must be former USA helo guy?

I'm retired navy pilot

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hutson, Good eye! You are correct. I spent most of my career working on AH-64A and D Armament/Electrical/Avionic systems (everything with power running to it). I retired 6 years ago as a maintenance company 1SG. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you as well

Thanks for your many years of service as well.

I wanted Navy Helos, but post-Vietnam, the Navy was only taking former Army Warrants who had been "let go." We got a wealth of great pilots with combat time who could make a Huey do anything. Nobody got helos back in '75 besides those guys. Instead I chased Soviet subs around the North Atlantic hoping they would not nuke the East Coast.

I can't believe we are watching this news about the Middle East.

Wonder what would happen if we raided a foreign embassy and murdered one of their guys? This "reads" like a Clancey novel.....movie to follow.

Good thing we can ride our bikes and forget for awhile each day...wore my leather flight jacket and shades today to work on my bike....felt good.:D

Drive safe.

Hutson in Va.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too funny

Yea, Gave that chick a "ride" once, but heard she "changed teams" recently as Jerry Seinfeld said ref (changing teams). Now she has definitely "lost that loving feeling" ;) hence, no more rides for Kelly Mc G.

Hey, do A-6 guys really let their NFO's reach over and bring the a/c aboard. I was really sorry to see that bird leave the fleet; did a great job for the Navy for a very long time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My wife wanted a set from them, and they looked pretty good. After reading some reviews, I realized the bags they were selling were -exactly- the same as some saddlemen bags, with out the logo, for about $15 more. So we ordered the saddlemen ones instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts