Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The batteries in my helmet intercom system died. With my luck Cardo no longer supports the Q2 system and doesn't provide help with new batteries. I found a few articles on the internet about replacement batteries but not sure if the info. is accurate. Does anyone on this site have experience they would share. The only batteries I find on ebay are from countries in Europe. One site recommends an Ipod generation 5 battery as a substitute. Any info. will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only batteries I find on ebay are from Italy or the Netherlands. The G5 Ipod battery requires modification. It has a ribbon line and the original battery only has a positive and negative lines. I called batteries plus and they don't even carry this battery. It looks like I am out of options and will probably explore the ebay batteries.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Batteries plus is where I'd start. If you can find someone there that really wants to help you will find something that will work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read most of the articles through Google. However, I don't always believe all that I read and just wanted the advice of someone who had replaced the same application.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked with all recommended battery vendors in the United States and none carried the battery I needed. I finally located them in the Netherlands. Of course, they are made in China. Removed the old batteries, soldered in the new ones and they charged right up. The system works I just don't know how long the charge will last but I'll find out soon.

Thanks to those who gave imput.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I gotta tell you, props to you for doing all the research. When MyQ2's gave up, I switched to a Sena SMH5 system and couldn't be happier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts