Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, I'm new to this forum! So bear with me while I learn the ropes around here.

I have 2 things that I would like to get some input and help with... thank you in advance!!

Anyhoo, I have been working on my brother's motorcycle and when it was time to slap the fuel tank back on it. Fuel kept overflowing back into the airbox and into the crankcase :-( I took the carb the off to inspect what was causing the overflow. I couldn't clearly find the problem. I'd like to at least hear your opinion what the problem could have been?

Now the main thing I need help with is finding a replacement carburetor since the section that houses the pilot jet have completely broke off due to a stupid accident in the shop. Does anyone know where I can find a carburetor assembly for sale?

Thanks again for any help you can provide ;-)
~Jinx~

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds like the float is stuck in the open position in the carburetor allowing the fuel tank to drain out into the crank case of your engine.

Try Craigslist site or eBay for another carburetor if yours in not repairable!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The carb is definitely not repairable after all :-( haven't found anything under 1K yet. Sounds like my brother wants to sell the bike as it is *durn it*

·
Registered
255 Posts
and i may be able to scrape up an affordable refurbed carbset

send me a PM if you decide to replace the carbs to faciltate repair

If selling... a running bike commands a much better price than a non running, broken boat anchor.

If keeping....its a lot more fun to turn the key, press the button, listen to the engine start and actually ride than to sit on a non-runner and make vroom vroom sounds.

Let me know to go forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts