Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do i use or did you use to rebuild your carbs? i have a 1995 vn1500a 88 and both carbs need rebuilt i cant find the kits? CVK 136???

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
You might try an Arctic Cat ATV or snowmobile dealer, since some of them used CVK 36 carbs/

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
i did see somewhere on here the other day a link for a rebuild kit from JP Cycle
They don't appear to have any for the CVK36 carbs that come with the VN88s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just went through this exercise. There really doesn't seem to be a rebuild kit for them readily available. The air cutoff diaphragms are available, I bought mine from eBay. The floats, slides and diaphragms can be had through any of the outfits who sell OEM parts, but they're expensive. The rest are common O-rings and stuff.

A lot of Harleys used CVK carbs, and if you can find a Harley guy who isn't an insufferable clod he might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
depending how bad yours are...if the floats and diaphragm are good...jets are all you need...if you have to...I'm sure you can find another set of carbs...I have two sets of carbs in my basement that are in pretty good shape...diaphragm & float wise...depending on your mods...jets would be needed...

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Jets never need replacing unless adding a high flow air filter and/ or straight pipes.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Didn't I read he did an ear shave...going up a jet size or two on the pilot circuit won't hurt regardless of the mods...to lean stock...if he did anything to the reed valve crap...a little bigger pilot jet will help...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't I read he did an ear shave...going up a jet size or two on the pilot circuit won't hurt regardless of the mods...to lean stock...if he did anything to the reed valve crap...a little bigger pilot jet will help...
Thanks you guys no i havnet yet i will be converting to direct pod on carb filters marbling the reed valves and a strait pipe exhaust...the parts im looking for would be the o rings and needle assemblys as long as jets. i was thinking a 140 main? and whjat sizes would i do the piot jets?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I cleaned the carb on my 99 last year and I didn't see an actual kit for it either. I believe I only replace 3 o-rings and a bowl gasket in the whole job if I remember correctly. I just picked those from the exploded views on one of the aftermarket sites. For the teeny weeny bit of material you buy, they're crazy expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts