Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently working on my 03 vulcan 800 and im having a hard time figuring out where the lines run to. I have the vac and main gas line figured out but the varb has a 3 valve at the top of it and im not sure where that line goes to. Anyone have a diagram that shows where the 3 lines go?

·
Registered
'05 800B
1,971 Posts
on a 800 carb, there's #1) fuel line, #2) vacuum line to petcock, #3) carb bowl air vent line to outside air, #4) stock catch bottle for accumulated airbox oil, #5) crankcase breather tube to the stock airbox

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2002 Vulcan 800b
19 Posts
I'm thinking its an evaporations line. I just looked at mine. The one above the fuel inlet? Mine disappears under the seat area and I think it ends in the tool box area. I think it went to a charcoal canister that is no longer there.

·
Registered
'05 800B
1,971 Posts
that might be the carb bowl air vent tube that goes to the outside air, my tube goes into the right-side cover

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Currently trying to get the bike to fire but it just wont go. i was thinking it was just the fuel lines that i had messed up. im getting combustion to both cylinders but it just wont go all the way. The bike sat for a very long time. i check the valve clearance and it was fine the rings look decent but idk where to go from here

·
Registered
2002 Vulcan 800b
19 Posts
Is the battery new? Some batteries may "hold a charge" but it's misleading. If the bike sat for a long time then the battery will probably need to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the battery new? Some batteries may "hold a charge" but it's misleading. If the bike sat for a long time then the battery will probably need to be replaced.
ya i just replaced the battery today and its still not cranking all the way over. The stuff i have recently replaced are the plugs and wires the battery and cleaned the carb. It has spark on both cylinders but its seems like the back cylinder is the only one thats trying to fire. The rear cylinder exhaust puts out a little bit of smoke but the front gives me nothing.

·
Registered
2002 Vulcan 800b
19 Posts
I had a problem and found the vacuum line or what ever from carb to tank would not let it run correctly. Its a small tube coming from the top of the carb and connects to petcock. I'm all out of ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a problem and found the vacuum line or what ever from carb to tank would not let it run correctly. Its a small tube coming from the top of the carb and connects to petcock. I'm all out of ideas.
i could not have the right hoses on there cuz i just went to autozone and picked up a spool and made it work but that could be the reason its not running. Another thought i had was the regulator and rectifier could be shot but im not sure on that either.

·
Registered
2002 Vulcan 800b
19 Posts
I just read this in another thread regarding vacuum lines:

Woodie, on my 05, there are 2 vent lines on the right side of tank that follow frame back toward battery then down under the bike right near the overflow resevoir for the cooling system. The petcock, fuel shutoff valve, has 2 lines, the larger one goes to the bottom area of carb, this is your fuel line, the smaller one goes to the top of the carb by the boot that attaches carb to intake. If it is not connected, the bike will only run in the prime position. This line applies vaccum to the petcock to open it in the run and reserve positions only when the bike is running.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts