Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips on how to adjust the pilot screw while the carb is hooked up and the bike is running? I can get my finger to it but once I try with a tool it's rather difficult and then things start to get hot...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
On my 800, I can get my fingers in far enough to use a screwdrive bit, but never tried it while it was running and hot. They make pilot adjuster screws that I believe are longer and flexible kinda like the idle speed adjuster. Hope this helps you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a right angle drive with a 1/4" drive on each end, male on one end, female on the other. It is supposed to be for use with a drill, but it works great with a screwdriver bit in the one end and a nut driver on the other, for those hard to reach screws.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Carb adjustment

Does anyone have any tips on how to adjust the pilot screw while the carb is hooked up and the bike is running? I can get my finger to it but once I try with a tool it's rather difficult and then things start to get hot...
Bought this at a computer store, Micro Center I think. Ten bucks, works decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your getting popping in the exhaust just turn it out about 2.5 to 3 turns from seated position. When I had my older Honda VT500 I had to do this after I re-jetted the carburetor on that bike to get the popping in the exhaust stopped and the Honda forum people said 2.5 to 3 turns out from seated position. I turned mine out 3 turns and it was perfect. I also used a driver with a spring shaft on it to use the D shaped tool end to turn out the jet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used (just today, in fact) a 1 1/4" long bit that is intended to be used in a powered screwdriver. The hex handle works well to grip and count how many turns you make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts