Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned today that running a car tire on a bike, although controversial, is not unheard of. I'm now giving this very serious consideration. I'm expecting less than half the cost of a motorcycle tire and more than twice the mileage.

Are any of you guys running a car tire on your 900 Vulcan? I'm really interested in what you have to say about the handling characteristics.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I learned today that running a car tire on a bike, although controversial, is not unheard of. I'm now giving this very serious consideration. I'm expecting less than half the cost of a motorcycle tire and more than twice the mileage.

Are any of you guys running a car tire on your 900 Vulcan? I'm really interested in what you have to say about the handling characteristics.
More power to ya. Should work great! That is if you are only driving in straight lines and slow to an almost stop to negotiate a curve or a turn.

Let us know what you do

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thats what is refered to as going to the 'dark side'. A lot of guys do that when they have long highway commutes, tends to ware out the center strip on motorcycle tires quick. So they go to car tires to get longer life. Some have said that it takes a little while to get used to having to 'force' the turn. I don't think I would like it, I like the handling of my 900 too much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have friends that swear by them. If you do go darkside, choose a tire with very rounded shoulders....

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do a google on "darkside motocycles" there is a lot of info there on it.
I've done that, thanks; that's what really piqued my interest, but i was hoping someone has tried it on their 900 Vulcan. I'm pretty serious about trying it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts