Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading about,I really want to get a Ct on my motorcycle, I am looking at the continental TRUECONTACT TOUR - SIZE: 205/60R16 but then how do I get that tire mount on my rim? can a regular tire shop mount that tire to the motorcycle rim?I do not know if a tire shop or a motorcycle shop will have the equipment to do that,the motorcycle shop maybe, but will they do it ,just liability wise can they do it?? any idea out there??? :surprise:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some will some won't. Most regular tire shops can't mount it but a small motorcycle shop is your best bet. I run a 195 60 16. It's almost exactly the same diameter as the oem. I mounted it myself. Not as hard as you might think. You should find a tire size calculator to make sure the size you are going to use is close to the original. I balanced with airsoft bbs. After riding about 2000 miles on mine I will never go back. I run a kuhmo... $62 on ebay with free shipping

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used 185/60 16, and it really made the bike handle much better. As far as mounting it, yeah, I let my friend do it at his shop. $60 well spent ;)

I am getting ready to do it again on my Blue Vn1500, opting for this Federal Formoza FD2 175/60 16 tire..

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Federal-Formoza-All-Season-Radial-Tire/dp/B06XK5RTXB[/ame]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I ended up doing it myself with a Goodyear TripleTread P205/60R-16. If you can find a shop to do it, let them! It was a royal pain in the butt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts