Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Best mechanic I ever hired! Look how those hands get in there!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Saw the pic. and immediately thought of something that happened this past wkend at the progressive international motorcycle show in OH. One of the friends I was with is a certified mechanic on Ducati's and BMWs. He brings his 5 yr old nephew Malachi with him every year.

They're looking at one of the custom bikes competing in the show. Some guy that obviously doesn't know much starts to talk about the bike to his girlfriend showing her what things are etc. My friend says "Malachi, wheres the carburetor" Malachi points to it "wheres the clutch" he points to the left side handle bar. "wheres the rest of the clutch" he points, "how does it work" he show with his hands and a few words describing the action. He goes on to ask him how the gears work, the exhaust, and so on. My friend told me he's teaching him the engine now. But Malachi has a hard time understanding the whole fire thing. besides that he gets it. Keep in mind this kid is 5 yrs old and not even his son! He even knows what a suicide shifter is. So, I was quite impressed; Obviously, the other guy wasn't too happy.

I can't imagine how much his own son will know if he has one and has all that time to teach him everything. He taught his nephew all that just while babysitting when he can and taking him places.

So, Im sure you know why that pic made the think of lil Malachi....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Like the story Wes! How was the show this year..... I used to go to thast show every year..... I kinda miss NE Ohio at moments like this.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
"This looks like a 3, maybe 4 sippy-cup of milk project. "

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like the story Wes! How was the show this year..... I used to go to thast show every year..... I kinda miss NE Ohio at moments like this.
It was pretty good as long as you go in with the understanding that its one big commercial. There seemed to be less non-motorcycle companies advertising their stuff this year than last year. Which, in my mind, is a good thing. The only issue I have is they seem to cramp it in more and more with less space to walk around. The IX center in Cleveland is HUGE. Why not use the space.

The local custom bike competition was great this year. I believe there were more custom bikes than last year. And my favorite Indian by the Gasbox won it. The 1941 Indian at this site

http://www.thegasbox.com/41Indian.html

If I could afford that bike I'd buy it immediately. I've seen it at a few shows and in his shop, and I just love that thing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That bike is awesome like you said I would buy that in a heart beat if I had the extra funds.

Do you also go the Mid-Ohio for the Vintage week? It is great if you haven't been yet. A few years a go I spotted a unrestored Cleveland Motorcycle there and it was incredible. The owner was riding it all around the grounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts